Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esat BT Launch Advantage

Options
  • 13-01-2003 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭

Esat BT have launched a discount package. Local and national calls under this package do not have a call setup fee instead a minimum call charge of 6.05c. UK,USA and other countries cost 8c per min to call evening and weekends and there is a 1.21 minimum call charge on all other destinations. You have to spend €25 per month to qualify and pay by DD. But local & national daytime calls cost 1 cent per minute more than their standard option although some mobile calls are slightly cheaper. Have a look here. http://www.esatbt.com/esatcom/homepage/residential/homephone_services/advantage.htm

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

This should be in the Net Comms or For Sale boards, imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

... and there it goes.

Even as a somewhat loyal* Esat customer, this is a little confusing. Worth looking into though. Small reduction on the cost of ringing the UK mainland, which is nice but I'd probably be getting that reduction with their existing reduction scheme anyway. Ignoring the new minimum charge (which is pretty much cancelled out by the dumping of the setup charge if you switch), prices are still about the same (or just more if you dial up to the Net during the day)

*"By "somewhat loyal", I'm still a little aggrieved about their handling of the NoLimits debacle and their billing mistakes and charging me for a phone I didn't want, didn't order and didn't get. They are however, the only company (telco or otherwise) to ever ring me and ask me if I was a happy customer and were happy to listen to my sole complaint: the cost of evening calls (now resolved in the consumer's favour). Worth something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Richard Barry

Originally posted by kevinmcc
    Esat BT have launched a discount package. Local and national calls under this package do not have a call setup fee instead a minimum call charge of 6.05c. UK,USA and other countries cost 8c per min to call evening and weekends and there is a 1.21 minimum call charge on all other destinations. You have to spend €25 per month to qualify and pay by DD. But local & national daytime calls cost 1 cent per minute more than their standard option although some mobile calls are slightly cheaper. Have a look here. http://www.esatbt.com/esatcom/homepage/residential/homephone_services/advantage.htm

ESAT BT's evening and weekend tariff is about twice as expensive as Deutsche Telekom's daytime tariff (eg 4.8 cents per min to IRL).

Their daytime tariff about five times as expensive as Deutsche Telekom - eg 24 cents Ireland > Germany - 4.8 cents Germany > Ireland.

Not much of an advantage if you ask me.

R.

www.dtag.de > follow links to AktivPlus tariftable

Advertisement