Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Military spams Middle East

Options
  • 13-01-2003 11:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

From the Washington Post (there's also an article on The Register about it) - The US Military have started bulk emailing propaganda to the middle east as part of a 'psychological war':

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A42919-2003Jan11.html
    Iraqis began to receive the e-mails last week, visitors there said. The state-controlled e-mail service is available only to a small number of Iraqis, mainly government officials, senior public servants, academics and scientists.

Iraqi authorities have blocked the e-mail service access in an apparent attempt to stop the messages from spreading inside the country, visitors said.
    The e-mails, seen by Reuters, contain such messages as:

-- "If you provide information on weapons of mass destruction or you take steps to hamper their use we will do what is necessary to protect you and protect your families. Failing to do that will lead to grave personal consequences.

-- "If you took part in the use of these ugly weapons you'll be regarded as war criminals. If you can make these weapons ineffective then do it. If you can identify the position of weapons of mass destruction by light signals, then do it. If all this is not possible, then at least refuse to take part in any activity or follow orders to use weapons of mass destruction.

-- "Iraqi chemical, biological and nuclear weapons violate Iraq's commitment to agreements and United Nations resolutions. Iraq has been isolated because of this behavior. The United States and its allies want the Iraqi people to be liberated from Saddam's injustice and for Iraq to become a respected member of the international community. Iraq's future depends on you."

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Clintons Cat

It would not suprise me if it was a ruse by sadam to winkle out dissedents within his own scientific ranks,it was a favoured tactic during the Iraq/Iran war to remove Generals and Ministers for having links/conversations with proscribed persons or organisations.
    If i received one of these E Mails i would be very Worried indead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Snowball

also does not suprise me but, how sick in the head are the americans??? Thats just slightly ****ed up

Advertisement