Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Connecting Sky Digi Box to Phoneline

• 14-01-2003 11:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi can somebody give me some information about how I connect my Sky Digi Box up to the Phoneline ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭dmeehan

there's a fone socket at the back of the box

but it may be a british connection, mine is and the installer gave me an adapter to connect an irish line

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 brenny2506

I got a cable with a British connection and also about 6 feet long, (I was not home whrn the installer came). I had built a new house and was waiting for Eircom to install telephone connection. I told installer I would connect when telephone was set up and he accepted this. As cable was useless I tried using a telephone extension lead which didn't work. To stop boring you my query is is there a special adapter reqiured?
    :confused:

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

It's an rj45 connection i think. Everywhere has them. Phone shops, tesco, electrical shops. It's just an adapter for british to irish connections.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Yes it is an RJ45 to RJ45 standard connection. Sometimes a double adapter is supplied to allow you to plug your phone into the same Eircom socket, there is also an adapter to change the BT type lead supplied by pace into the normal standard RJ45. AFAIK BT is the only company in the world to use their own unique design socket.

Tony

Originally posted by Legbreaker
    It's an rj45 connection i think. Everywhere has them. Phone shops, tesco, electrical shops. It's just an adapter for british to irish connections.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Originally posted by Tony
    Yes it is an RJ45 to RJ45 standard connection. Sometimes a double adapter is supplied to allow you to plug your phone into the same Eircom socket, there is also an adapter to change the BT type lead supplied by pace into the normal standard RJ45. AFAIK BT is the only company in the world to use their own unique design socket.

Tony

UK = RJ44
    IE = RJ11

RJ 45 is ISDN or Data Network cable, not analogue phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Originally posted by Muck
    UK = RJ44
    IE = RJ11

RJ 45 is ISDN or Data Network cable, not analogue phone.

Absolutely right I stand corrected.

Tony

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

So close.. :p

Advertisement