Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dennis Miller on Israel

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 TrevorOcon

Those just and honest Israelis in the conflict - will demonstrate why my view is correct The Isralis Only Need to GET OUT of Palestine. The honest officres in the Israeli army agree with me.

Take a Look

http://www.couragetorefuse.org

and http://www.unitedforpeace.org Give the history of how the Israelis have been the primary aggressors and land-grabbers.

I don't need to post here. The Israelis who made the URL www.couragetorefuse.org have said it all for me.

This is the most amazing site on the NET

The Isralis Only Need to GET OUT of Palestine.

I don't know. I agree that Israel should leave Palestine. However does it stop there? You make this broad statement to say that everything will be wonderful should Israel leave... But it won't. Palestinian forces will continue to bomb Israel, however with a new aim. To make revenge for the period they've occupied Palestine. Will you continue to support them, then, when it changes from a resistance group, to a revenge group?

I see the need for Israel to leave Palestine eventually, but i don't see it as being the answer to the Palestine/Israel problem. There's been too many deaths on BOTH sides for such a result. The whole Palestinian front is geared up towards the destruction of the Israelis (all israeli's both in Palestine, and Israel itself).

So, saying repeatedly that all Israel need to do is leave palestine and there will be peace, is too shortsighted and unrealistic.

Did the Israelis 'Negotiate ' with the Palestinians that invaded their villages in 1946 and 1947 ? No it was all out war to the death.

One other point is this whole land grabbing thing. Palestine tried the same thing in 1946-47. Israel was just more successful.The only difference is that Israel are currently holding land in Palestine. Thats why its so easy to forgot that palestine aren't innocent of causing the occupation in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Just a couple of questions Klaz:

What are your views on allowing all those refugees in the camps on the West Bank and Gaza being allowed to go back to their homes in Israel ?
    Would you agree that they should be allowed back or to stay put in misery?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Clintons Cat

What are your views on allowing all those refugees in the camps on the West Bank and Gaza being allowed to go back to their homes in Israel ?
    Would you agree that they should be allowed back or to stay put in misery?

I dont think its very practical to demand the right of return,the amount of israelis that would have to be displaced would make any such policy unviable,would not only political suicide for the government that agreed such a thing but would also probally lead to a civil war,after all what would israel do with the people who refused to move?
    Send in the troops?

The most equitable and practical solution in my opinion would be for the Israelis to pay Reparations to the displaced of 1949 onwards.
    Some of the aid recieved from the US could be earmarked for such a policy,but such a scheme should be linked to a final settlement between the Israeli and Palestinian people and the establishment of a VIABLE palestinian state.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Originally posted by TrevorOcon
    Those just and honest Israelis in the conflict - will demonstrate why my view is correct The Isralis Only Need to GET OUT of Palestine. The honest officres in the Israeli army agree with me.

Thats nice. They agree with you, and its on the hinternet. Must be true.
    I don't need to post here.

No-one needs to post here - people choose to post here. If you neither wish to, nor need to, then dont. If you wish to continue posting, then please stop telling us that you wont be doing so.

jc

• Advertisement
Advertisement