Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oceanfree Internet Access Customer Notice...

Options
  • 14-01-2003 1:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭

Dear OceanFree Customer

We'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for continuing to use OceanFree. At this time we are changing all our OceanFree dial up numbers to guarantee that you always pay a local call charge and can access the Internet wherever you are in the country, ensuring you peace of mind every time you dial up. It appears that you are not yet dialling the new number.

Your new dial up number is 1890 923 204.

It is imperative that you change your dial up number as quickly as possibly. If you are using Microsoft Windows™ please click here to download a dialler with the new number in about 1 minute. If you are using an alternate operating system or would like instructions on changing you dial up number you can find them here.

When you change your dial up number you will be automatically entered into a free draw*. You will be in to win 1 of 2 fabulous Fujifilm Axia SlimShot Digital Cameras, click here for competition terms and conditions.

When ever I connect to oceanfree a window pops with this message. I'd just like know know more about why there doing it before I change the number. A 1890 number ? Anyone know why there changing?

Thanx,
    BoB

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

Quite simple, its easier for an isp to have 1 single number than one for every area code in the country. i.e. calls from all around the country can more easily be terminated on the same equipment (no need for muliple POP's).

The 1890 number is charged at the same rate as a normal local call so from your point of view it should make no difference at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Mutz

The same happened with IOL free lastnight and now the connection is so bad. Had to go back to the old isp :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by Mutz
    The same happened with IOL free lastnight and now the connection is so bad. Had to go back to the old isp :rolleyes:

...But it's the same service. All that's changed is the access number.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

The downside to this is that Eircon no longer allow you to have a 1890 number as one of your circle of friends etc. 10% discount numbers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭highlight

It's all to do with routing the traffic. By using a geographic number it's routed as voice whereas 189X are routed more efficiently

• Advertisement
Advertisement