Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who plays 'leccie guitar?

• 14-01-2003 1:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭

How many boards.ie members play electric guitar and who are they? It's probably been done before but i am an exceptionaly lazy individual and therefore fail to see the logic behind actually going to the bother of looking for a thread similar to this.

Okay then there's me.........so that's 1!:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭ThenComesDudley

i do
    but im no good im to lazy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

I do..
    Probably about 7 - 8 years..

NeM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭mirv

I started bass a week ago, and I'm getting my 6 string 'leccie this weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I can play the "leccie"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

Not as much as I used to, but the odd time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I beleive so...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 702 ✭✭✭fuse

I bin playin the geetar for bout 7 yrs, and bass for about 6. Bass is my main instrument now. Thinkin of getting a fretless, that'd be fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Jaicster

I play aswell a couple of years, not long not very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 233 ✭✭Congoose

I've been playing electric guitar/bass for about five years now. I hope I never get tired of it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

Originally posted by ThenComesDudley
    i do
    but im no good im to lazy

Ditto. Still gotta get a decent guitar - having to tune every flipping 15 minutes on my current piece of shi-ite is stopping me playing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭SOL

I am getting a bass very soon, and i have played leccie a bit too, i only got an acoustic though atm,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭ThenComesDudley

Originally posted by dun_do_bheal
    Ditto. Still gotta get a decent guitar - having to tune every flipping 15 minutes on my current piece of shi-ite is stopping me playing.

Well i just Started playin a lot more over the last few days, finally got the guitar ive been wantin for ages

ESP F-200 WOOOOH HOOOOH WOOOOH

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

I play the "leccie" the very odd time.

That it is to say I own an SG but never bother my arse playing it cos I'v fallen in love with my beautiful sounding Fender semi-acoustic complete with a cutaway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I do.

But only when there's no-one in the house. I have a guitar that I got from my bro's friend who was throwing it out, and a tolerable 15w amp. So it sounds no good, unless it's so loud that I can't hear myself talk. :D

Have to get one, but first I need a PA, and a larger guitar amp, and a new acoustic guitar and..........

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

I play electric! Have recently started an interest in classical.

What I find disappointing is that most of the people here play guitar or bass. There isn't a very large majority of people who play other instruments. You see a couple of posts regarding other instruments nown' again but they rarely get replies.

It would be interesting to see a poll in who plays what. In fact, I'm going to start one now!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭Gerry

I play electric, yamaha pacifica 112m through a fender champion 90, decent enough setup. Haven't been playing much for the last few months, just getting back into it now. I

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,985 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I play geetar, I have a Fender Strat with some nice Hotrails in the Bridge, and a Marshall vs265 stereo chorus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭/|/)etal)-|ead

I do too ;)
    I got the ESP F-200 recently too Dudley, pretty cool guitar eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Meh /raises hand
    Originally posted by Oeneus

What I find disappointing is that most of the people here play guitar or bass. There isn't a very large majority of people who play other instruments. You see a couple of posts regarding other instruments nown' again but they rarely get replies.

To be honest, it's always gonna be like that though Oeneus. Guitar is a very easy instrument to pick up and is very versatile.

If you look at, say, the violin family, violinists are ten a penny, whereas viola and double bass players are rather rare indeed, with Cello players falling somewhere in between.

Incidentally, I play a 1980s Fender Strat USA w/ a 40w Sunn amp w/ various pedals (among my other instruments)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭goo

I play guitar aswell, I have three though one of them shouldn't really count.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

me too!!
    I got an Ibanez RG170
    Yahama Acoustic
    Marina Piece of Crap electric (FOR SALE)
    I play through a Peavy Special 112 and i use a Zoom GFX707 which belongs to Don1 for now.
    I used to play bass but i sold it last friday and now i have a Kustom Sound 100Watt bass amp with Graphic equalizers FOR SALE!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

Goo- That was the same as me with my Squire Strat being the one that didn't count. Then I made a little trip to Ad Lib Music (unintentional free plug!!) and got a Hotrails pickup fitted. All's I can say know is "All hail the mighty Squire". When played through my GT-6 and VS102-r it becomes very useful for frightening animals and small chidren!:p

yesrterday i became a guitar mechanic and fixed up my Mairna!!
    I would nearly prefer it to my Ibanez now.............second thoughts about selling it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

"Blashpemy"!!!
    :mad:
    How dare you. Take it back, God damn it Take it back!!:p

I said NEARLY!! obviously i prefer the Ibanez cause its an IBANEZ!!!!!!! still the MARINA is quite nice too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

playing bass about a year now, i still pretty much suck. i play a JH fender precision copy(i prefer sound to the real deal) thru TE boxer65. anyone looking to create some punk in the style of nofx,rancid,green day and or ska in the style of mad caddies and less than jake - text 0877801198

[ferdi]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

Can someone send him a TXT message about advertising on the Instruments board? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Treebeard

I play 'leccie guitar

My guitar is an Ibanez Rg520 and I have an Marshall AVT50 amp. I practice every day but don't think I'm as good as I should be for the length of time I've been playing

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

I've been playing about three years.
    Got a ****ty Epiphone Strat and and ESP M-100 with EMG 81 in the bridge and EMG 85 in the neck :-)
    Got a crap Ibanez practice amp.
    For effects, I have a Zomm 505-II, Crybaby Original and a homemade Big Muff Pi/DOD Overdrive pedal. I'm in the middle of making a Tubescreamer 808/9 and a 4 band EQ. Wac!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Orlie

Ya i play... Thought myself when i was 13... so i spoz that automatically means i'm crap!

He he!

Nawh... i'm ok really... but i love playing.

Ya can escape all the bulls*** of life by playing...

Or am i just weird? :D

Advertisement