Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Private boaard request

• 14-01-2003 3:17pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Board name: Lenny
    Board Description: A private board for friends/family to discuss topics privately during work & college hours.
    Private Y/N: Y

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭noog

yes, sounds like a good idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

hehe, bubbles was the last person to get a board named after him :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Sounds good! I heartily endorse this potential board!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

endorsed.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Well. hmmm, I well, uhmmmm. Hmmmmmm.

Yes I endorse this.

Thus commences the flood.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Vanity boards eh? Whatever next.

Endorsed - the Lenny board has a catchy ring to it (sort of like the McLaughlin Group but without the politics).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I heartilly endorse this product and/or service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Cr8or

sounds good ...

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I will consult the GREAT AND POWERFUL CAKE to see if this floodgate should be opened.

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

10 minutes later there are 400 unused private boards ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Wook

boards or board members doesnt really benefit from this huh ? why not use messenger or the likes ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I agree with wook, why not just use msn/icq or set up your own board on your own website?

Otherwise, you should have to pay for your own board, just as komplett do...I think.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Ah well, therein lies the rub...

We are thinking about making personal boards part of the Supporter Pack (which will probably cost a whopping 5 Euro a month).

It would be cool to have email, personal (private) board, webspace, custom avatars and a few other things we are keeping up our sleeves neh?

So, I dunno, we might delay this until we have the supporters pack up and running (its the next thing on our list of things to do now that we have moved).

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by DeVore
    Ah well, therein lies the rub...

We are thinking about making personal boards part of the Supporter Pack (which will probably cost a whopping 5 Euro a month).

So... you going to send Bubbles an invoice for his personal board back-dated to when it was first created ;) ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Yeah... invoice him.

Invoice him bad, scrounger.

You could charge him extra for the privelidge of having had the only personal board in the private section ;)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

ICQ/MSN don't work in college for me, im sure it doesn't work for others in work...
    So Dev, how about I get my board early then, since I requested it? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by Lenny
    ICQ/MSN don't work in college for me, im sure it doesn't work for others in work...
    Yeah and it's blocked for a reason!
    Use Oceanfree chat :)

Dev - the supporter pack sounds cool.

E-mail also worked quite well last time I used it ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

lol, you never mentioned such a thing to me merc, rofl
    So may this go ahead please? I have enough supports, don't mind all these people trying to put me down :(

/me crosses his fingers!!!

Boy, I just can't wait for private board for friends/family to discuss topics privately during work & college hours.

Gwan The LENNEH

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭noog

can the costs of the "supporter pack" be subsidised in-part or wholly by sexual favours?

and will there be pie?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Originally posted by noog
    and will there be pie?

Not for a paltry 5euro a month there wont be.

Cheapskates.

haha,
    /me checks his phone..
    hmm nope, no calls

And you disaggreed to the board being made anyways, so why would I give you access you're not my friend :p

The 200 might buy you access though :D

Lenny, I am invited aren't I?

For some reason it hasn't been created yet :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

I suspect this will have the same fate as the well-supported boobies board. :(

pop

Lenny, talk to me on IRC about this.

DeV.

Advertisement