Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Houllier Has No Interest In Moving Upstairs

• 14-01-2003 3:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭

"They haven't been questioning my tactics when we were top of the league. I personally don't think that when we win a game, I am the best manager and when I lose a game, I'm the worst manager. All I know is that the tactics work when you win games.

"The main criticism of our team has been a lack of width. You name me how many real, old-fashioned wingers we have in this country. Not a lot."

However, asked if he would be interested in signing a world-class winger if they became available, he stated: "At the right price, yes."
    I've so many issues with that, but at least there's the admission that he needs width. There may not be too many English wingers about, but plenty of the top teams field them. Giggs at Utd, Wiltord and Pires at Arsenal, Robert and Viano at Newcastle, Fernandez at Southampton (they may not be a top team, but they're ahead of Liverpool at the moment). I'm sure there's more, that's just from the top of my head...

I have to say though, I am a little disappointed that he refuses to step away :/

Article here.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Hmmmm, it he wont go gracefully then he'll have to go the ugly way...assuming he does'nt change his tactical ways.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

i always associate "moving upstairs" as meaning the manager is going senile and no longer capable of doing his job

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭peeve

Does moving upstairs mean "Director of Football"? They only interfere [cough] David Pleat [/cough]- if you want to get rid of a manager then sack him - why move them upstairs? if you are not happy with the manager then why give them another job?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,066 ✭✭✭BKtje

you dont have to buy out their contract then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭the66electric

'At the right price'???? That pisses me off. he wasted ****ing millions during the summer on average rubbish when he couldn't ahve had one great player, Damien Duff, that would bring real width and exitement to a ****ing boring team. But no. That's why we'll never win the league with him, no ambition.

• Advertisement
Advertisement