Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

da2 closed for 4 weeks

Options
  • 14-01-2003 6:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭

hi all mick from da2 here.sorry to say we have to close down our music nights for four weeks due to losing our music and dance licence today in court..due to our lovely neighbours god bless them..we have to now soundproof the whole building and move some stuff around..we will be changing the whole of upstairs and i promise it well be coming back with a much better venue for bands and people alike.were pretty gutted here to be honest weve been fighting tooth and nail for a long time to build a nice little venue and bar a lot of loves gone into the place.when we took it over it was one of the most dodgy bars in dublin but we had started to turn the whole thing around..im sorry to all the bands weve had to let down..but well put every gig we had penciled in when we get back..the bar will still be open and well be doing the whole place up for when were back...from all at the da2 bar sorry see you soon...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭mumblin deaf ro

Sorry to hear that Mick. When is this effective from (I'm supposed to play this Wed 15 Jan)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭palmic

as of today the 14th ..sorry will sort you out when were back..mick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Splatz

That's terrible.

Ah well, I trust that you guys can bring the place back even better.

Good luck lads, you'll always have my support!

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭selephonic

Music Matters Acoustic Night, 15th January
    Bailer,
    Wicked Wilf,
    Mumblin Deaf Ro,
    Barry Kavanagh,
    Keith Moss

Has been moved to Slattery's, Rathmines.

Free in, Doors at 8:30

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭nessy

thanks for that Barry..

Mick.. if anyone needs a hand sorting out gigs in the next couple of weeks, I'll try to sort them out foryou..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭soma

Sorry to hear that mick - but hopefully it'll be worth it in the long run to get the residents off your back for good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭nessy

if any bands are stuck for venues/nights because of this.. please get in touch and I'll help you out.. I have some other venues/nights booked, I'll try to get you playing..

info@musicmattersinternational.com
    087 921 9955

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭palmic

thanks everyone..mick

Advertisement