Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Brillinat Car Mod!

Options
  • 14-01-2003 8:44pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

http://www.ecotekplc.co.uk - make sure to read all the reviews -Max Power, Fast Car & Sunday Times

At first I was, as expected, quite sceptical about it, but I talked to a mate who has been a mechanic for donkeys, and he said they are actually very good.

It claims to increase preformance, smooth out flat spots (What I'm mainly interested in) and at the same time reduce feul comsumption and emmessions. I've read up a lot on this and I've seen very little negative comments about it, just a few people who say that it didn't doi much - however they offer a full no quibble money back guarantee, so what's to loose!

I'm getting one this week - I'll let you know what happens...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

I'm a bit sceptical to be honest. Make sure you tell us how you get on with it. Particularly, how do you go about reversing the modification if yo udon't need it - a lot of what I read on the website mentioned cutting pipes, which means removing the unit would require a new pipe to be fitted in it's place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

Indeed, sounds intriguing.

Although the website would make me a bit dubious, it being made from a MS Frontpage template.

Keep us posted, cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭ozpass

Sorry lads but this is dung-ola. Or, I should say, their technical explanation for HOW it works is 100% bunk. They're implying that they are magnifying the 'turbulent flow characteristics' of the inlet charge. I'm a Chemical Engineer and was bored royally for 3 years at University, mathematically modelling flow characteristics of fluids through pipes, apertures, venturis, you-name-it. Bernoulli's equation is the mathematical basis if you want to look it up. Basically, a gas mixture such as air (in the 273 -350K temperature range) has such low viscosity and density that when you feed it into the average engine inlet it's going to be about as 'turbulent' (as in opposite flow state to laminar) as it's going to get.

If this device is doing anything it's making the engine run lean (though I fail to see how). If you look at the figures, hydrocarbons emissions are down by 4.8%. So it's burning 4.8% less fuel per combustion cycle????? The carbon has to go somewhere lads, so unless this 'miracle device' supports cold fusion and disposes of heavy elements magically it's burning less fuel e.g. running lean.

Melted piston anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

Very well explained.
    Well done that man.
    Cheers Oz.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Ok. I'm hardly going to argue with that, but if you think what they say they are doing is competey wrong, then how are they gertting these results? Have a look at all the reviews - you cannot simply fool 10+ groups of Motor journalists who know what they are talking about...

I am usually sceptical about these type of things, but you cannot ignore the evidence, and I have also heard practically no bad reviews on it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

How many more motor journalists/reviewers gave it bad reviews though? They're only going to publish the positive comments to show off their product in the best possible light.

Advertisement