Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Securing ASP pages using SSL

Options
  • 14-01-2003 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭

Hello,
    Right im building a shopping cart for a site and i want to be able to make the site secure for the customer when it comes to purchasing orders.
    The database as i understand can be placed in a folder outside the http so that it cannot be accessed and downloaded but the asp can still query and write to it. Is this correct and is it a standard feature on hosting companies ?
    The asp pages (asp 3.0 not .net) that will handle the Credit card details will obviously need to be secured.
    What i need to know is where can i find out some info on Securing the pages using SSL and also whats the best way of handling the details once we have them, is it safe to store them in a DB (something im against the idea of) and if not then how do we process them.

Comments

Advertisement