Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great gig, free in, cheap drink!

Options
  • 14-01-2003 8:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭

Hi guys!
    If anyone remembers, my class put on a gig (College Chaos) in December in the TBMC. It went really well and we'll be doing one every month. This month's one is on Monday 20th. Like last time there will be 2 stages: main and acoustic.
    On the main stage we have:

Murder of Crows
    Empathy
    Track Four
    The Cost
    Moonroof

During changeover there will be an acoustic act on the small stage. It's free in before 9pm and selected drinks are 3 Euro.
    Please come along and support us!
    Merci buckets,
    Sandi

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Neil_B

That's a cool Idea to have something going on between the change over.
    good luck with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Keithaburke

Sandi,
    Do you already have someone lined up for the acoustic act?

if not give me a shout...

Keith

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

yeah, ill try come down for about half 9, will i have missed much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Gar_ptc

ah,the crows - a reason to mosh.

what drinks are 2squirrels,can you say?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Sandi

I've had to change the drinks promo to 3 Euro a pint but there'll be lots to choose from this time...so you won't be drinking a beer that you don't really like just coz it's cheap!
    Cheers Neil! Hope it goes ok! (Saw you at Skyjack last night...RAWK!)
    Keith, I already have everything sorted act wise but if you're interested in playing on the acoustic stage, we're doing one of these gigs once a month so you can deffo play one of them.
    Katy, you might have to pay in. I'll be a fiver if you do. You'll also have missed 3 acts on the main stage and 2 on the acoustic, but come anyway!
    Gar, like I said it's been changed to 3 "squirrels" but that's still pretty good!

• Advertisement

Yea I was there last night. Great crowd fair play to all the people that turned out. I guess that means they'll have soar heads today and probably won't make it down tonight but hey we might catch them next time.

I thought I'd have a sore head and a sore neck but nope! I'll be there tonight. I'm in college there anyway so I'll be sticking around. Should be another good night. Rock n' roll baby! Later Neil

Cool,
    And there may be a surprise cover version of My new favourite American band. The only people that know what it is are the "Violet Sky" lads. As they heard us in practice during the week. So I hope we can do it justice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

well, ill probabyl head in (even tho i have a 9 o clock prac the next morning) but just to see you
    likewise i think u should return the favour by ocming to helter shelter this week...come on....there's a few of us gowing...

I'll see. I'm going to Dorans first and I'll probably end up staying there.
    Great gig last night Neil...Tres bien!

• Advertisement

Thanks very much! we enjoyed it loads it was fun. It was cool that they were playing the Audioslave Cd in-between the bands too.

Yeah, I'll have to get me that album at some stage...when I can afford it. Oh the joys of being a poor student!

Entertainment.ie (morons) have put this gig on Wednesday 22nd and it's on Monday 20th. Apparently e-mailing them to tell them is a lost cause. Don't go on Wednesday expecting to get in free! There's something else on, not my college gig.

shameless *bump*
    The gig is tomorrow! Tiz gonna be a rockin' night!

Advertisement