Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DvD probs on PS2 :/

Options
  • 15-01-2003 12:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭

Anybody getting probs with their dvd on their PS2 getting some weird green colour when ever i try to play dvd's on it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Have u got it connected thru a video recorder ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

The PS2's DVD playback is busted - if you're using an RGB SCART cable (which you will be if you want decent picture quality) then you end up with this green screen rubbish.

You can fix it with a copy of DVD Region X, which also allows you to play DVDs from all regions. There are SCART cables which claim to fix the problem as well, but most of them do so by not wiring up the RGB lines, so they "fix" the green problem but your picture quality is woeful.

DVD Region X is your best bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭-RaY-

ta shinj but the PS2 was gotten at Chrimbo and b4 i had a PS2 of my own i had a lend of a m8's and had the exact same prob :/ and no it isnt connected thru a vcr i have it connected to the sart plug at the back. and also where my i get this region x thingy majig

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭boogie man

I had the same problem with a TV about 10 years ago. Coulden't figure out why the picture was green and weird looking. I eventually copped on that it was sitting on top of my 100watt marshall amplifyer. It was just sucking the picture out of my TV!:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭-RaY-

10 years ago? dude the dvd player wasnt even invented back then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

Originally posted by boogie man
    I had the same problem with a TV about 10 years ago.

thought he made it clear...

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭boogie man

I know there was no DVD players back then, it was just a stupid story which I was reminded of when I read the post. Relax guys!:D

Advertisement