Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

phantom tv

Options
  • 15-01-2003 11:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭

wouldn't it be great if phantom fm decided to set up their own tv station, like mtv but much better. no crap shows like un-dressed and becoming, just playing good music on tv all the time . It would be better than watching mtv. There is probably something like it on digital, but i dont have it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Keithaburke

Nah,
    Radio presenters are usually better when their voice is all you can hear. They have mullets and stuff, we better not get into it.

Besides Country music fm's little slot on t.v. late at night satifys my appetite.

Keith

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭Macseamusa

Yeah but they can get tv presenters to do it. What time is country music on at night, should be interesting.

I was just kidding man... the country music thing sucks.

There is Q tv on digital and a few other alternative things...

Honestly, I watch Dad rock kinda things on VH1. I love that station.

Keith

i'll have a quick laugh at the country station.
    You wouldnt know the best album by teenage fanclub cos i like them but i don't know where to start.

Are they a band?

no idea sir, not a clue.

Keith

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Aidan Lynch

Trust me lads, You don't want to see us on TV. The only bit of self respect that most of us have comes from the fact that we can pretend that we're a lot more good looking than we actually are. Television doesn't let you do that.

You do have to admire these satellite tv shows, though. Who would have thought that you could get so many different shows based on the single premise of drunk people trying to get laid. What next, "Bettystown Uncovered"?

What's wrong with Betty's town? I used to fancy a girl from there when I was 13.

Paul, I have been trying to get in touch with you for a while. I sent you a band CD and I was hoping you could tell me if you received it or not...

It's a blue cover... Calling Walter Cracker.

Keith

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Deckchair

Good day to you Macseamus,
    If you are interested in 'Teenage Fanclub' you should check out some of the early albums "Banwagonesque" or "Grand Prix". Two of my favourite albums are "Songs from Northern Britain" and "Howdy".

Great band. Enjoy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

i'd love to see a phantom tv station..... for one reason really

i'm wondering what the ad's for whealans whould be like....
    think about it.... whouldn't THAT be worth setting up a tv station for?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

i odnt like alt music videos really
    when im watching digital i find i watch the mainstream vids more so than the alt ones so the channel would probably be watsed on me.

anyone seen the video with the mad lesbians in it? tatu? all the things she said. cool catchy song.

• Advertisement

Mornin' Deckchair
    Cheers , ill go into road records when i get the money.

Don't you think it would interesting to try for maybe a week?
    It would take a while cos ppl would have to make videos, but you could show gigs in wheelans and other places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Pearl

Bearing in mind that I'm on at 11am on a Sunday morning, I am VERY glad not to be televised!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭beretta

ah, a phantom television station. great idea. despite what paul "modesty" clarke says, some of the dj's don't look half bad. they could pull off television performances to be sure, to be sure. the only really good music channel on digital, i think, is VH1 classic rock. where else can you repeatedly see david bowie and mick jagger dancing in the streets, followed by david lee roth with his california girls? wonderful stuff.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Look, if we can have Navan Community Television, and we do, for our many sins, surely we can have Phantom TV??

Ohboyohboyohboy that would be so cool......

(* hey did I mention I'm writing a film that probably wouldn't get shown anywhere if I did manage to film it on a budget of a tenner, two packets of Jaffa Cakes and twenty cigs? I'm sure for all the biccies the Phantom dj's can eat they'll show it at 4am)

what do you suppose the to petes talk rubbish would be like on live TV....

would it be a TV producers Nightmare?...

DAMN RIGHT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Morn

TV producers?! Phantom tv wouldn't have tv producers - just live and raw crazy vjs living on the edge - tho I would like to see Pete Reed dressing in drag for Snacks Fantastico...

;)

that could be interesting.....

but i think to make it fair Mr. Sinister should also dress up pretty for the Show...

it'll add a whole new demention of humour.

unfortunatly something tells me that they dress up like that anyway....... they seem like the sort that would.....

simply for the benifit of humour.... why else do they laugh so much durring the show...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Mewzel

"simply for the benifit of humour.... why else do they laugh so much durring the show..."

alcohol. :D

just because you need a few drinks to be funny doesn't mean that everyone does....

but in reality laughing at drunk people is what being drunk is all about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭the66electric

Originally posted by Paul Clarke
    Trust me lads, You don't want to see us on TV. The only bit of self respect that most of us have comes from the fact that we can pretend that we're a lot more good looking than we actually are.

Now, now. Don't beat yourself up like that Paul. When we were in studio last week you looked like a fine strapping lad. But then again, compared to us, John Merrick is a dish, so...

• Advertisement

You could show crazy shows like ren and stimpy. but go nowhere near dismissed and fanatic. The morning shows would be horrible for the presenters, just think of having to be nice and smiley when you are hung over from a night of mixing drinks on a 7 hour drinking binge. the show would go like this

'Good Morning! oh **** this im going home to bed ya ****'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Achille

I've seen far too many people implying that they are hideous in this thread, and to be honest, its got boring, so i'd just like to say that Im ****in' beautiful!!!!!

As for the TV channel, yeah, it'd be cool, but y'know most of the Irish bands videos would be people throwing up on the cobblestone road outside Dorans.

If you did have a channel, would you be interested in a project im working on, its a mockumentary about Dublin Bus drivers. We've got a title (The Secret Life of Bus) and a willing, able, and hungover team!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭dera

i dunno i think dismissed in whelan's could be pretty funny .. and becoming would be great .. becoming the crayonz. or turn. i'd be amused.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Morn

From what I've heard, Dismissed does go on in Whelans ;)

And for Jackass you could just take a camera out at around 2:30-3ish on a Friday or Saturday - I'm always seeing people doing awfully silly things.

You couldn't have undressed tho. Irish people are no good at wandering round in their underwear - the weather's too damp - everyone'd catch a chill!

Gosh this tv station'll be great :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

And they could send a few up and coming Dublin bands to the Blasket Islands and call it 'I want to be a celebrity get me out of here'

I was going to suggest a minor celebrity big brother where their weekly task is to play two gigs or they don't get fed.....but hey, its too true to be funny........

Advertisement