Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Helter Shelter this Saturday

Options
  • 15-01-2003 11:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Helter Shelter

Pure ALternative, No House, No techno, No Distractions

Saturday 18th Jan @ TBMC

Doors open 11pm, Adm 10 euro

Email requests to heltershelter@eircom.net

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

right
    i wanna try rally up a big group to go to this....
    ive already got rapture queen and silverfish saying they'll go...
    come on people!!! yer always complaining about alt clubs that play the same thing over and over so give this one a try...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

i don't know...
    i find what i don't know to be weird and Threatening..
    i'm already scared....

ah but the alternative is for me to threaten you until you do go, so you'll either be threatened or scared :)

dont worry

you will find songs you want to dance to...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

Count me in Drowny!!! Tis my last day workin for the man on Saturday so i am up for some jollification!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭sodiumlightbaby

Yay...i'll be there too as always...

• Advertisement

yaaaaaaaay
    i cant wait now
    ive already sent in my requests :)

Hmmm i think you can just stay there but i might be wrong...
    I share your enthusiasm drowner!! I will be very happy that evening and ill guess very tipsy!! Hurrah!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

it's a hard one to call...

have Drowner's thugs beat me up.... or go out and get my groove on....

i really have no idea which will result in less blood loss...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭shay

Hmmm... methinks it might be time for a little helter shelter reunion!!!! Hope it kicks the pants off other nightcluby nights I've spent in that place :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Withnail

As the promoter of Helter Shelter I can let you know for sure that you will have to leave after Popstar and pay back into the venue for the club.
    This is because the two gigs are run by different promoters.
    Anyway, I hope everybody who comes down has a great night.

• Advertisement

hmmmm....stilll, ive ben to gigs in the music centre with different promoters, i think, and havent had to pay in but maybe i just made that last sentence up. who know?. luckily im in work so i dont have to chance it.

shay, well, i'll probably see you there then. once again...you've been missing from these parts for a while, what happened to ya?

lamda-yay! so we've got helter shelter this week (i invited yer mate...i better not say his name coz he might be one of these people who gets freaked by hearing his name has been on the net...you know the guy im talking about with the toploader hair :););) and he said he might come) and we've got stay beutiful next week and ive got low the week after

weehee

Hey,

nice to know my absence was noticed (if not cared about) ;)

Moved offices and everything went topsey turvey for while, found the feet again (they were hiding at the end of my legs... it's always the last place you look!)

Anyhoo, trying to get my slugish mates to accompany me so might see y'all there!

he he....all the couple'd mates ;););)?
    make them go make them go-if you make them go ill get rewarded!!! i promised withnail and his crew id make loads of people go...so...here i am....

go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭sodiumlightbaby

sounds like a right little party in store tomorrow...yipee...Bren better play The cure or there'll be trouble !

I second that motion!! CUUUURREEEE!!!!!!!!!:D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Hmmm, I've been to loads of gigs in the TBMC and I've never been chucked out after.....

The idea of paying into the same venue twice in one night is a bit mad.....

So anyway Drownermissy if this is the case, what are you doing before Helter Shelter? Are we doing stuff beforehand??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Withnail

Just a quick post to clear up why the venue is cleared before helter shelter.

It's costs over 2 1/2 grand to put on one night of helter shelter. The venue can be pretty full from a gig which means that we may then not be able to get enough people in to break even if it is not cleared.
    As much as we love the alternative scene we can't afford to loose that kind of money every month.
    So if you want a club that plays great alternative music that no other club plays the venue has to be cleared.

I sure you all understand.

Have a great night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Eyeliner__Boy

Originally posted by Withnail

So if you want a club that plays great alternative music that no other club plays

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

silverfish-before helter shelter im on the bus on the way to work and im texting you and youre cancelling on me :);) :P :D

helter shelter was brilliant last night

*ahem*

Haha Drowny!!
    " STop laughing at me!!! Youre all laughing at me!!!"
    Ah ya drunk!!!:D

• Advertisement

oh good God.

i remember this though....the cockalot

im so embarassed....you know when you go out to nightclub's and you get drunk people talking to you and you do your best to make them go away and it happened to us last night? i talked to him for about half an hour. he eventually had to get away from me. that is not good. (however....it shall happen again next friday at stay beautiful).

and as i got to my house door last night my 16 year old brother got out of a taxi pissed as well. and i was very merry and singing and dancing into my house and he was ****ting himself that i was gonna wake me parents up and get him caught!

but yeah

they played 3 smiths song last night, and about 4 songs by the pixies. *yay* they played stop me if u think youve heard this one before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭rapture_queen

Cockalot Cockalot Cockalot is the word of the week!!!!!!!!!

Yes Drowner you were very drunk and i was laughing with you not at u!!!!!
    except when u said that me cutting Lamda's hair was magic!!!

U should get drunk more often!

was there myself... for about 10 minutes. Had arranged to meet friends there but they text me to say they couldn't head along so I had to leave :(

I was looking forward to it! See what I have to put up with?????

ah shay! you should have ocme over to us and i could have frightened yo to death with my drunk talk!

:D
    Yeah, and you could have introduced me as "Billy Na Chums" ;)

or chilly na bums
    :)

Scary thing is... I can't decide which is worse!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Originally posted by thedrowner
    they played 3 smiths song last night, and about 4 songs by the pixies. *yay* they played stop me if u think youve heard this one before

we'll play the smiths, bowie, the cure, queenadreena, siouxsie and the ol' banshees, t-rex, pixies, mansun, old manics, blondie, depeche mode, soft cell, the clash, the stranglers, and any other old, bold and mad stuff we can get our grubby little hands on.

GO TO STAY BEAUTIFUL AS WELL!!!!!!

5 euro in, 4 with a flier or if you bring me a lollipop!

tony 2 tone: i cant wait for stay beuitful tonight! it sounds absolutely brill and if u play half the stuff youve promised it shall become a haunt of mine! and i will work on the lollipop...

• Advertisement
Advertisement