Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HomeWorld - Cataclysm

Options
  • 21-09-2000 7:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭

Just played the demo....this is one of those games that, if your into the genre, you will just have to get...

It is a huge improvement over the original Homeworld. I Know I'll be getting it anyway smile.gif

"Respect my Authoratai"

www.spacebattles.com
    Net House Games

[This message has been edited by Monty - the one and only (edited 21-09-2000).]

Comments

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Completely forgot about that game. Gona d/l it later. can't wait.
    Thanks monty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

That's what she said last night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Lord Khan

Homeworld is a genre it's own right. damn kick ass game, only down side is the computer skirmish, AI is a bit dull in that it tries the same thing over and over again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

thats true Lord Khan but from what Ive played of the demo of cataclysm, its giing to kick Homeorld's ass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 kstopped

Problems with new HW:

Voices are bloody canadian.

Ships are a bit on the dull side. The ones from the original were more interesting. The
    dreadnought is particularly ugly.

Not enough surprises. It's a bit ****e having
    pretty much every encountered ship in the manual.

Good things:

More control. Basically. Whether or not that's a good thing remains to be seen.

The graphics have definitely improved.

Anyway I have a copy and my gf's in college tonite, so it's pizza and Homeworld for me.

K.
    -

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Cataclysm...

Nicer graphics, shame they're still a bit rubbish (they added the ability to animate parts of ships and used it ONCE in the whole game! wtf!) and slow framerates to a crawl. Draw distance still crap.

Jumpgates are a good idea.

Improvements to the interface, er, don't improve anything. Worse, in fact.

And, well, basically they didn't fix any of the problems with homeworld - crap navigation, stupid harvester syndrome, lack of terrain etc. It's all a bit rubbish really, I would have expected something a lot better.

Advertisement