Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

muppet.boards.ie

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

boards.ie has moved to a new server. There's an announcement about it :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

When are yeas moving back to the boards.ie name?
    Cause theres a thing or two that arne't workin for me because I can't remember my stored password which only works on boards.ie :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

What happens if you delete your IE cookies? Just bug Dev on IRC to email it to ya, I mean its not like he's that busy as it is :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Theres a "mail me my password" facility as with nearly every piece of account driven web software.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

Problem is when you forget the password for your email account :). Happened to me with an account about 6 months older then this one I think dev killed it when he changed my name from thorbar1 to thorbar for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by Lenny
    When are yeas moving back to the boards.ie name?

Assuming that you mean 'when are ye moving back to the 'www' subdomain?', that seems to have been done now.

Considering the amount of work and the possible snags involved in the migration of a site of this size to a new server, I must say that was a fairly smooth transition!!! Nice job lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

In that poll we had "cake" and "atarijaguar" where first and second as far as I remember. I think muppet was third. There were two rounds and all. Good to see that evil democracy hasn't fully invaded boards then ;)

Edit:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=70251

The above shows that muppet was second behind atarijaguar and cake was third.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Funny... it shows Muppet clearly in the lead with 100 votes to AtariJaguar's 50... maybe you should refresh your browser? I think F5 does it...

Ok ok, the fact of the matter is that the admins didnt vote, muppet was 5 votes behind (at 45) and it would have been a fair bit of work for us to charge it (well a fair bit of work for Dan) so we felt that it was close enough to leave it as it was (since it was called muppet to begin with... our other box being called Troll... geddit?)

Anyway, it just wasnt worth changing stuff to make it atarijaguar...

DeV.

ps: yes I edited that vote for hooomar! If that bothers you please insert Disk 'Funny' into your drive and register your complaint at www.igivea****.com. Thank you, come again.

Get up out of bed. Check
    Get dressed. Check
    Get in ampmobile. Check
    Discover lack of pants. Check
    Go to New Ross to kill nasty virus. Check
    Troll DeVore by intimating corruption. Check
    Crash into webfarm on way home in bizzare ironic twist. Probably

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Nah, I meant to explain that actually... Jesus to troll someone they have to actually CARE about it hahah...

DeV.

• Advertisement

You care. I know you do. Otherwise you wouldn't have replied explaining everything.

And I wouldn't have it any other way ;)

Ohh noe! yuo caught me!

*disappears in a puff of logic* [1]

DeV

[1] name the book this is taken from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Anyone else getting a pregnant pause when clicking "internal"
    links on boards atm?

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy!

Hmm weird. For me, www.boards.ie brings up a text page saying that the right page is www.boards.ie. :) muppet.boards.ie works fine though.

Teeth goes on to prove black is white and gets killed at the next zebra crossing..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Discover lack of pants. Check
    Go to New Ross to kill nasty virus. Check
    Troll DeVore by intimating corruption. Check
    Crash into webfarm on way home in bizzare ironic twist. Probably

I can't help noticing that you didn't actually put your pants on after discovering their abscence amp.

adam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭po0k

The mere aknowledgement of the lack of pants is a great step forward........

The possession of pants to lack is a great step forward.

DeV.

(Teeth you nerd :) )

Achieve true inner happiness through the non-wearing of pants

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Has anyone seen *my* pants? They're rather large. The Horse wants to go sky diving and is missing his chute...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

Originally posted by Kharn
    Has anyone seen *my* pants? They're rather large. The Horse wants to go sky diving and is missing his chute...

Probably used them to strangle some poor fella over on the humour board

The wearing of victory pants exceeds the lacking of pantage

Oh, and the answer to the ultimate question really is 42. I tried explaining it to my maths teacher but he beat me with a bamboo stick...the stupid drunk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

even Derek Davis has lost his pants....

liveat3_05.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

At this point I'd like to mention the (occasionally) funny wherearemypants.com and that crayzee blogger, Mister Pants.

I don't know why.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,502 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by amp
    Achieve true inner happiness through the non-wearing of pants
    We end up owning so many pants, that eventually the pants own us.*

*name the flim (sic). Is "pants" the new "muppet"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

Pants Club, or was that Fight Pants?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

where may one purchase these pants

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

where may one purchase these pants

well you cant you see, for aliens are abducting all of our pantsii

ufopant.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

THIS POST HAS GONE OFF TOPIC

PLEASE CLOSE IT!

You off the smokes too?

amp: who is, and has to wear pants currently, so don't piss him off.

Advertisement