Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF X - why is evrae so feckin hard?

Options
  • 15-01-2003 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭

Help i cant kill that fecker in final fantasy x. ive followed every strategy ive found on gamefaqs.com and still im getting nowhere.

once i get him down to 1000hp it does its haste thing and the **** hits the fan then. ive kept all the overdrives and used the missiles at the start of the fight and the lowest ive got him down to is 6000hp.

has anyone got their own strategy for dealing with him? because ive been stuck on it for almost a week and the disc is looking like it might go out the window.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

mines already out the window since i dont have a bleeding memory card . Try google .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

I didn't have many problems with Evrae at all, killed him with my first attempt. You're probably not levelled up very well if you can't kill him. Do you have a separate save just before that where you can level up a bit before you fight him? If you do, try that.

If you've read through gameFAQs you should know the aim here is to move out every time he sucks in air because he spits deadly poison at you, which usually comeplety f'ks all your characters. Best thing to do if you get hit with the poison is swap one of your chars for Rikku and make her use an Al Bhed potion, which takes away poison from ALL your active characters and gives them all 1000 health (might be 2000 I forget.)

Oh and the FMV after this bit f'cking rules :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

spent 2 hours leveling up and have just bet him. killed off tidus and auron. wakka was down to 100hp and poisoned but got a critical hit and evrae went down. damn havent had that much trouble with a boss since omega weapn in ff8

Originally posted by Swifty

Oh and the FMV after this bit f'cking rules :)

Mmm it is good. BTW if ne1 out there is lucky enough to have the NTSC version of FFX they will be able to watch all teh fmv's on their comp with FFX2mov

http://www.geocities.co.jp/Hollywood/4205/

Its in Japanese but you can make it out. Unfortunatley It doesnt work with PAL FFX, so I was wondering if ne1 out there had enough programming skillz to alter it so it works for ye old PAL. :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

M'kay Evrae is the big flying thing that attacks the flying ship?

(->for anyone else trying to beat it)
    When its far away use Wakka's Ranged attacks and Lulu's and Ronso Ranged Magical attacks
    when it gets close in switch to Auron, Tidus and Rikku and use Rikku's Al Bhead Potions to cure poison attacks and +it also gives a health bonus to all three (including Rikku herself)
    use Scan to find its weaknesses

some FFX tips
    -keep Auron rotating in and out of battles, if u leave him in all the time his stats just rocket and starts leaving everyone behind lvl'ing up wise.
    -Rikku is the most underated character, the Al Bhead Potions are really powerful as they heal all 3 members and get rid of Poison and other added on attacks (Confuse,Silence& Darkness etc)

-Lulu's Overdrive is circle the Left D=pad button like a madman
    (bit like the old track & field game)
    -any KO'ed teamates @ the end of a battle dont get any exp points to lvl up, sometimes worth doing a battle again so the survive and get the exp. also worth using phoenix downs to revive them for same reason as above.
    :)

• Advertisement

rikku is good for tha fight. make sure you steal a shed load of bomb cores from the explodey fire balls inside the airship before you go out to evrae. they do about 500 damage each and combine 2 for her overdrive to do some serious damage.
    also steal the water gem from evrae and use it on hime. it does about 1500 damge.
    make sure haste is cast on all characters, this give a serious advantage and evens the playing field once evrae casts haste on itslef.
    also aurons power break is useful near the end whn evrae goes on a close range melee spree for 1200 to each char or only 600 with power break.
    also wakka's dark attack must be used very regularly or oyur dead in the head.

best bet is pull back at the start and let the missile salvos do their work. then only pull back when it inhales. before the fight get everyones overdrive guage full before even starting the fight and use them once evrae casts haste on itself.

if you follow those tips and still die(like i did) prepare to waste a good few hours of your life leveling up before taking him on.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Rikku is class. I only managed to beat the last boss because I used here overdrive that doubled your max health. If your having trouble with Evrae your in trouble it gets much harder later on. Especially the last boss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Energizer

With rikku if u get the "underdogs charm" i think it's called, from the al bhed trader.
    then mix them during her limit break to get around 20000 damage on enemies

Originally posted by Retr0gamer
    If your having trouble with Evrae your in trouble it gets much harder later on.

i know what you mean. seymour flux is a bastard. his zombie-full life trick just aint funny when you havent seen a single holy water item during the entire course of the game to that point plus esuna and dispel dont seem to cure you. and i dont want to go back down gagazet because its so feckin dangerous.

There's one of those O'aka guys in Mt.Gagazet that sells holy waters. Having your characters equipped with armour that has Zombie ward or Zombie proof helps aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Yes i found snow zone seymour the hardest. Had to get zombie proof accessories to win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

I found the best way to fight the seymour battles was to charge up my aeons overdrives first and then just let them rip one at a time. Seymour kills the aeon straight away afterwards, but i didnt really care. By that stage I was dying to see what happens and didnt want to hang about messing around with that particular tit.

A

Ditto to that Asuka. My Aeons squished him like a bug with their overdrives.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Cheaters. However I did kill the last boss for the first time by getting a flukey zanmato.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 729 ✭✭✭popinfresh

A tip: If you get the elemential aeins to cast magic on themselves it heals them. ie, get ifrit to cast fira on himself..

Originally posted by Retr0gamer
    Cheaters. However I did kill the last boss for the first time by getting a flukey zanmato.
    Heh - that was my strategy for beating the dark aeons (cos they were ****ers). It worked really well actually - if you know how to treat Yojimbo, he becomes a serious asset - he delivered Zanmato straight off on normal enemies about 75% of the time, and it was about 50/50 even on the dark aeons.

A

I could never EVER get him to do zanmoto on the dark aeons. I mean wtf? How did you treat him asuka? just feed him loads of pies or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Yojimbo - who, what is that???

one of the hidden aeons. when you fight the defender yoke after exiting the calm lands go under the bridge instead of going up gagazet.
    at the botton of the gorge to the left is a cave. get to the end of that cave(its hard the first time you get there), you see some of lulus story and fight yojimbo. once you defeat him enter the chamber of the fayth and then you start haggleing over the price your willing to pay to have him help you. ive got him down to about 200000g but no lower.

another thing, is the version we got in europe the same as final fantasy x international witout the bonus video at the end? because the yanks dont seem to know anything about the dark aeons.

I was under the impression the PAL version is FFX International. The dark aeons aren't in the NTSC versions afaik, so that's probably why they don't know about them :p

*Spoiler*

I thought the bonus video was the one with Yuna staring out to sea talking to lulu? Maybe I'm wrong.

• Advertisement

is that video one the european one? i havent finished it yet so i dont know what happens at the end.

Jabba - GameFAQs will gladly give you all the detailed info (including actual stats!), Ill just provide a summary. When you acquire Yojimbo, make sure you bargain with him the FIRST time. Tell him you want to beat the hardest enemies when he asks. I can get him down to about 170,000. Going lower is just looking to have to reload your game :) What attack he does for you is based on a few things - simply put:

1) What you told him you wanted him for (eg to beat the best enemies)
    2) Your 'affinity' with Yojimbo (ill explain in a minute)
    3) The money you pay him
    4) Randomness

Basically, affinity is based on a points sytem. You GAIN points when he does Zanmato or Wakizashi (all enemies). You LOSE points when he does Daigoru (the dog attack), if he dies in battle, or (worst of all) if you summon him and send him away without getting him to attack.

The money is quite an important factor, but not the most important. If you know what increments change the likelihood of getting a better attack, it can prove cheaper. it goes in doubles, eg 128, 256, 512, 1024, 2048, 4096, 8192 etc. For regular enemies, i pay him 1025 or (if its a strong regular enemy) 2049. For Boss enemies i pay him 8200. This is enough to get Zanmato approximately the percentage of the time i listed in my above post.

Finally, each enemy has a 'Zanmato level', which affects how easy it is to get Zanmato for that enemy. Dark Aeons, of course, have the highest level, but the way my Yojimbo is configured, I only need to get half of the total possible random points to beat them.

So far as ive played, pies have not yet become necessary. Maybe when i get around to fighting Nemesis and that other one whose name escapes me at the moment I might try that strategy :)

A

The european version is the same as the special version that was released in Japan after the original FFX. The americans got the original FFX so they get none of the ultra harde bosses like the dark aeons. I'd prefer not to have them since they get in the way when you go back and try to do side quests.
    It's the same story with kingdom hearts. Europe got Final Mix but the americans got the original KD with no extra optional bosses.

kinda makes up for all the years of crap pal conversions :)

tnx asuka, ill give it a whirl when i get the chance. :)

Well doesn't look like the crap PAL conversions are going to stop since KH was the worst since FFX. And then there's all the great games like Xenogears and Chrono series that we miss. I wish EA would take over Square Europe like in America.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Where can i get the rest of the Aeons? you know, Anima etc...

And those dark Aeons, are they something that can be acquired as well??

Dark Aeons are pretty close to being the hardest enemies in the game, and no, you cant acquire them. Anima is obtained in the ruins where you first came to Spira, in an underwater temple. Magus Sisters is available in the temple accessable from the Calm Lands. Yojimbos location was described above. For details on how to get them, there are MANY faqs at Game FAQs.

A

Advertisement