Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ratties

• 15-01-2003 5:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭

Ok people, I have loads of cute cuddly rats looking for kind caring owners! If anyone is interested please send me a message!

I have very unusual Nile Rats they are very cute & very rare especially in Ireland they are brown with flecks of gold in their coats!

In 2 weeks I will also have a litter of Husky Rats, very cute grey & white rats their coats fade as they get older.

Mail me & we can discuse a price! Go on rats make wonderful pets very intelligent & loads of fun!

Faye :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

Are you serious?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭aliesneo

cute cuddly rats !!!
    thats the funniest thing i ever heard
    there disgusting
    i wudnt touch one with a 50 foot pole

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

My tarantula is getting big enough to take baby mice and rats;) ;););)
    Maybe we can do a deal since I reckon its getting a bit pi$$ed off with crickets.
    Richie.

******Edit**********
    Just joking I cant ever see myself feeding mammals to my Tarantulas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Geez folks, research...

Domestic-bred rats (aka fancy rats) are a lot different to wild rats. Think of them as big hamsters. People have even trained them before, like mini-dogs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

*shudder at the thought of a mini-dog-like-domesticated-rat*

Rats sure do have bad press.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

Originally posted by koneko
    Geez folks, research...

Domestic-bred rats (aka fancy rats) are a lot different to wild rats. Think of them as big hamsters. People have even trained them before, like mini-dogs.

Well as the saying goes you can take the man out of the country but not the country out of the man. I wonder if this is the same for rats. :p

Originally posted by Gordon
    *shudder at the thought of a mini-dog-like-domesticated-rat*

Soon my army of dog-like trained rats will come for you Gordie. Oh yes.

But seriously, I had rats a long time ago. They were great. Very sweet. The tail puts a lot of people off though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

yeah...i was trying to be ll open minded there for a second and trying to imagine me with a pet rat.....and then i just thought of the tail. sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

Originally posted by aliesneo
    i wudnt touch one with a 50 foot pole
    I would. Only to whack it accross the head though!!! Only kiddin. Pet rats fair enough but wild ones? Die feindish deseased b*stards. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Soon my army of dog-like trained rats will come for you Gordie. Oh yes.

Yes well my well-trained-rat-hating dog will kick all of yo asses!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭FAYESY

Ok,

Yes wild rats are horrible!!! I admit that they are very big, dirty & carry disease! But Fancy Rats have been bred as pets for years! very tame, very cute, mine are grey & white & are husky rats named after the dogs as the rats coat is similar to the husky dog! mine have been handled since the day they were born have no fear, do not bite & love to be cuddled! have a look at pictures on the net if you do not belive me! I thought this site was for people who were interested in animals......... all animals not just cats & dogs! seems I was wrong! OH Well

Faye:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

It's just they happen to be the most common pet type. There was a pole about that a while ago. There are also a few people on here who like spiders and some who like fish?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Mistakill

I myself have a hamster (which i was only allowed get because it didnt have a tail. You know the old clicé about women hating mice/rats).

IMHO rodents are the best alround pet to buy.
    • They're small, all you have to do is bung 'em in a cage with a
      feeder and a bottle of water and they can go for about a week (Of course you need other things in the cage like bedding, et cetra).
    • They are also fuzzy/cute/adorable any of the above will do.
    • They are perfect for little children. The animal is nocturnal so the child can take him out during dark hours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭FAYESY

They're small, all you have to do is bung 'em in a cage with a
    feeder and a bottle of water and they can go for about a week (Of course you need other things in the cage like bedding, et cetra).

I breed Hamsters, Mice, Gerbils, Rats, Guinepigs, Sugar Gliders, Lemmings, Pallid Gerbils, Duprasi, love birds, cockatiels etc etc etc I would never ever leave any critter for a damn week!!!!! How irresponsible can you be?????????? Children need to be strictly supervised when they have small animals! Have you ever heard of cruelty??? Image your parents locked you in your room bunged in enough food & water & locked the door! would you like it??? NO YOU WOULD NOT!!! Think about the critters!!!

Fayesy - breathe... :)

Mistakill - I'm inclined to agree though. It's very irresponsible to leave a pet alone for a week. Some day you won't check your little buddy for a few days, only to find out he's passed on.

I can't stress this enough people. If you don't have enough time for a pet, don't get one....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Mistakill

i wasnt saying that I do it.
    im just saying that if you really had to you *could* leave them there for several days.

Advertisement