Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF9

Options
  • 08-10-2000 11:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭

Maybe this post should be on the rpg board but Ill continue anyway,
    Will it get a PC release after what seem to be below average sales of the previous 2 titles ,and if so when as I dont want to have
    to buy the playstation version.

Young men are you listen'en to me.I said young men.......

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Awww, FF9 already?
    I'm still on disk 1 of FF8 frown.gif (Can't find disk 2, but have disc 3&4)
    Fingers crossed for a PC release anyhoo.

....but don't we all know the feeling of driving to town and suddenly realizing you still have your barn boots on....or reaching over to pick up carrots at the store and having alfalfa fall out of your hair.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ThunderingMike

I had 76 hours clocked on FF8 and some rotten ****er deleted it. I have decided not to bother with FF9.

So the pope puts down the Badger and leans over to me and says , " My son , sometimes you talk a lot of ****. Knock it off." Before I could speak in walks Christopher Lloyd with a time machine under his arm and just then...it started to get weird...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

FF9 looks damn nice; a lot better than 8. I'm nearly finished 8 and quite disillusioned; nice characters and gorgeous graphics, but otherwise it's all a bit pants really. Nowhere near the epic story that 7 had.

As for a PC release, IIRC there's a contractual obligation in there somewhere which says that it has to be produced on the PC. You're right though, sales of the original on PC were rubbish - mainly because so many people have Playstations!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Gotta agree , ff8 was lacking something. Was more geared toward fights and after you gained the lion heart critical that was it , you could beat anyone in seconds.

Played a jap copy of ff9 for what its worth , still don't like the deformed graphics but it seems to have returned to the same type of game as ff7 , altho this is basically a guess, as i couldn't do diddly knowing not much more than 3 words in japanese.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭pat kenny

Anyone got a release date for the PCversion.
    the game will probally old news by the time it gets to PC.

Young men are you listen'en to me.I said young men.......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

I still haven't finished FF8, play it for a few hours here and there, but it doesn't grip you like 5/6/7 did. Besides, I have Chrono Cross to play smile.gif

Just got Odin. Now that is a ridiculous power smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

I'm still on FF7 :/
    I was going back to it last night after not having played it all summer, ready to finally build up the auld levels and take on Sephiroth, but I found the saves folder empty eek.gif
    I sat there, just fuppin depressed, I didn't even feel like playing anything else. Gutted comes to mind, after putting 50+ hours into the game.

Luckily, it was a fresh install I'd used to check its compatibility with my new PC, and the old install was on the old HD (I think we should have a new 'PHEW!!' smiley...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

Hehe smile.gif

9 looks pretty good, at least its gone back to the traditional anime style...
    I was disappointed with 8, im at the very end but still havent beaten b!tchface yet. 7 was defnitely the best IMO, followed by 5 and then 6. 50+ hours is nothing compared to how long i spent on 7 sico... several hundred hours methinks... i was slightly obsessed smile.gif

Im very amused to see Shinji finally admitting that FF8 was a bit of a let down, i bet he'll never say i was right to my face though smile.gif

A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

Finished both the previous games, and two of the best games I ever played too. Go to: www.ffonline.com/games.htm
    for stuff about all the final fantasies.
    They'd probably have the release date before most.

[This message has been edited by DrunkLeprachaun (edited 11-10-2000).]

Advertisement