Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win2k dns problem

Options
  • 15-01-2003 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭

I really hope someone can help me with this.
    My dns lookups seem to have suddenly stopped working. If I establish a dialup connection, I can see from ipconfig etc that the dns servers are set correctly. However no program apart from nslookup wants to actually use the dns servers to lookup hostnames. I tried reinstalling service pack 3, this worked for one reboot and then stopped. Has anyone ever seen this and any ideas on how to fix it? Any help greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

I'm sure you've all ready done it, but double-check that "DNS Client" is started in Services.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭ando

go into msdos, type 'ipconfig/flushdns'

now go into your dial up connection settings, and manually type in the DNS servers as '194.125.133.11' and '194.125.133.10'

Now connect to the internet, go into IE and make sure there is no proxy settings enabled. You should ok now. If there is a problem, go into your event viewer and see if anything is up

• Registered Users Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭Gerry

tis sorted, it seems I got msconfig for win2k, disabled some services which would appear to have nothing to do with dns, and forgot about it. Thanks for suggestions anyway :)

Advertisement