Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal gear solid demo

Options
  • 07-10-2000 11:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭

I'm gagging for a go at this, after a brief go at it on a friends playstation and hearing all about it from people, I want a go smile.gif
    Unfortunately problems with my ISP today mean I STILL havent got it all frown.gif
    It's up on www.fileplanet.com among others.

I am inflatible !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Play it on a PSX you silly monkey, it's rubbish on the PC - control system designed for a dual shock pad, and graphics look mank on a hi-res monitor....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

On the subject of MGS...
    Has anyone seen that video of MGS2 on the PlayStation2 ?
    All I can say is - om' fu*king 'nyom. smile.gif

....but don't we all know the feeling of driving to town and suddenly realizing you still have your barn boots on....or reaching over to pick up carrots at the store and having alfalfa fall out of your hair.....

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

The MGS2 video is quite impressive (to say the least), but I still won't buy a PS2 tongue.gif

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    My page of stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

I would, but I don't have a PSX tongue.gif

I am inflatible !

[This message has been edited by Mills (edited 10-10-2000).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Kharn - s'okay, it's coming out on the XBox next Christmas anyway smile.gif

Mills - buy a Playstation you silly monkey! They're uber-cheap now the PSOne is out...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

I presume you're refering to Metal gear solid one or X as they call it cos the sequel has already been made exclusive to the ps2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

I have to agree with bugs here, MGS2 is a ps2 exclusive (the bástárds), and it'll be the only reason i buy a ps2.

MGS2 is my second most anticipated game ever, rite behind shenmue, which should be out for christmas!!!! biggrin.gif

oooohhh happy days.......come on sing along.....Oooh happy days.......

I looked in the mirror and just had to laugh.

I've seen nice visuals before, but MGS2 is just scarey.
    The motion capture is top class.
    And if MGS1 is anything to go by, this'll be a cracker.

pikachu4.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

Its too short and easy. If you want it that much you can get a bleem (legaly) for £30
    from bleem.com which lets you play psx games on the PC. Which is nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭Greenbean

The MGS2 video has world class Director-ship on it. With that sort of camera work you could make rotten tomatoes look good. I just want to take a little off the "wow!" factor being generated. Those scenes were also ideal for showing off stuff - eg, there just happened to be 2 people shooting through a table full disposable/breakable objects - this isn't likely to happen all through the game. If they really can do half of what you can see in the demo - even with a ****ty in-game camera and with bad level design - it will still knock the **** out of any other game for graphics.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Jelvon

just a question : could our current pc hardware run mgs2? or would the ps2 have more power than a modern pc

Well "they" say that current PC games aren't pushing the PCs top hardware to the max.
    So we're not seeing the best the current PC's can do.
    It appears that the PS2 is well ahead in terms of 3D horsepower, but anyone who wants to compare stats can confirm or deny that.

<<shruggs>>

pikachu4.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭Greenbean

I think the pc might not be as far off the ps2 in pure specs as it seems, its just a console can have 1/2 the spec and still look better. This is quite obviously because the platform is stable, its built from the ground up to take advantage of its chips and everything runs in sync eg, bus-speeds/registry speeds on one chip match up with another - data transfer rates are ideal - memory is allocated in ideal ways. Its the difference between tcp/ip and atm (atm uses set packetsizes making it do a whole lot more optomisation in routing), its the difference between a football team full of stars who don't play well together and a team of ok-players who do play well together.

Advertisement