Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disable start key

Options
  • 15-01-2003 10:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭

I have a problem with my keyboard, when I go to press ctrl I always press windows key by mistake.

This is a problem because when I'm playing a game, pressing start altt abs me from the game, and in the case of neocron always always creashes it.

So is there an app or something that will allow me to selectively activate/de-activate windows key?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Zyox

Try this (taken from windows.about.com)

Tip #86: Disable "Windows" Key

I like the additional functionality offered by the Windows key on many of the newer keyboards. It is possible to disable feature, however. With this Registry edit, you can disable its use:

Hive: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    Key: System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Keyboard Layout
    Name: Scancode Map
    Data Type: REG_BINARY
    Value: 00000000000000000300000000005BE000005CE000000000

You will probably need to create this value, as it is not present by default. You may wish to cut and paste the value from this page to guard against typos. A reboot may be necessary for it to take effect. Of course, use caution and frequent backups whenever you edit the Registry

Guess how I got that? That's right kids! Google! Try it! :P
    foag...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Searched the web for how to disable start key in windows xp. Results 1 - 100 of about 35,700. Search took 0.50 seconds

Searched the web for disabling start key in windows xp. Results 1 - 100 of about 9,290. Search took 0.53 seconds

Having browsed the first 200 none were about WindowsXP

Advertisement