Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When's your mocks?

Options
  • 15-01-2003 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone's mocks are before the third of March. If so could they post a few of the questions that came up for the following subjects please:

Irish (0)
    French (HL)
    English (HL)
    Maths (HL)
    Business (HL)
    Economics (HL)
    Accounts (HL)

I know there are a few different papers by a few different companies, but I still wouldn't mind knowing what came up

Cheers :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Doesn't that, you know, kind of defeat the purpose?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by NekkidBibleMan
    Doesn't that, you know, kind of defeat the purpose?

Well, yeah, but each to their own. Some schools don't use outside papers. Our teachers just made up their own mock papers by cutting bits here and there from past papers and making up some of their own questions - which is what the dept. do anyway. Personally, honeymonster, I'd say treat it like the real LC, ie you won't know what's coming up. If you just learn off the different mock papers, you may do very well, but you might look like a fool when it comes to the real thing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

mine are in march sometime.

why would anyone bother to cheat in a mock exam?! whats the point? put your effort into learning the stuff rather than putting your energy into cheating.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭honeymonster

I've been going through the past papers since the beginning of 5th year and just wanted to practice some new questions especially for accounts. Plus I'm applying for college through the TAP and my school gives awards to students who are the best at a certain subject, which is mostly based on the results of the mocks. So the more awards I get the better chance I have of getting into Trinity via the TAP .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Shane

Whats TAP?

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

You lucky bastards, mine start tomorrow and i havn't even begun to study as i've been too preoccupied with some kick ass books i bought recently, which i suppose can only help my english having read ten books in the last three weeks.

History honours i seen the paper dont know what company though as i was in a rush.

In brief:
    Parnell - land issues, wars and acts
    Sinn fein 1905 - 22
    Bismarck foreign/domestic
    William 2 foreign policy
    Causes of ww1
    versaille
    lenin
    facism hitler mussolini

pretty sure thats everything

Anyone help with the following gets a virtual hug from caesar

Irish hon
    eng hon
    ger hon
    maths ord
    bus hon
    geo hon

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

ugggg mine dont start until the 3rd of March, thats waaay too late for me before the orals

yeah but you still have the mid term to revise whereas i'm more or less fukd tomorrow.

Tip for english paper 1 think up the story or even write it out, prior to going into the exam because regardless of the 7 choices in SECTION 2 COMPOSING you can always interweave your story with the particular question no matter if the question is about trains and yours is about Darth vader drug trafficking in futuristic peru

Originally posted by Caesar_Bojangle
    yeah but you still have the mid term to revise whereas i'm more or less fukd tomorrow.

Tip for english paper 1 think up the story or even write it out, prior to going into the exam because regardless of the 7 choices in SECTION 2 COMPOSING you can always interweave your story with the particular question no matter if the question is about trains and yours is about Darth vader drug trafficking in futuristic peru

Also, for English Paper 1 - never, ever, ever, ever, ever do the essay first, regardless of how much you enjoy doing, or how much easier you may find it.

Read the essay titles, decide on the one or the most likely ones you may do, then go and do the second section.

That way, you'll be mulling over it (subconsciously) while you do the other questions, but more importantly, you'll have no time constraints - all you'll have left to do is the essay, which you can keep working on until the time is up, as opposed to taking ages at the start and rushing the second section because you were thinking too much over the essay :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Kappar

Mine have been on since last friday.

The Maths Ord. papers were too Fuc king hard.

I'm appley to Tap Foundation Course but I don't think I'm within there "economic boundries" But with a bit of luck...

Any helpful tidbits for the questions a) and b) seamus?

Originally posted by Sangre
    Any helpful tidbits for the questions a) and b) seamus?

Are there any copies of papers online? I may be able to help, but I haven't seen any papers in the 'new' Senior Cycle english course. :)

You need Adobe..
    English Paper 2002 Its below list of subjects.

Hmm I think ill just go over the marking scheme, but thats not usually too helpful

Holy **** that's a sweet paper! :D

Section 1 seems to be a doddle.

Question A, just answer the questions thoughtfully and factually - read each piece 3 times and think fully about your answers. These questions are basically just to try and gauge how well you understood the article.

Question B would appeal far more to me. Basically, it's an attempt to show how colourful you can be with your language, or how well you can express yourself in words, but not necessarily how well you understood the article.

Do the comprehension first though still.

Did english p1 honours yesterday, it was piss easy. When i get my scanner working i'll try email it to whoever wants it.
    Briefly
    SEC1 TEXT1 was a comp about trains and quest b was write about the subject of travel for a radio slot.

TEXT2 was a comp about auschwitz, question b write an orbituary to commemorate the 22 year old girl mentioned in the text.

TEXT3 Foreign holiays brochure which you'd to answer some questions or do question b, write 200 word piece about your area for inclusion in a travel brochure.

section 2

1. my most memorable train journeys have usually involved a dgree of suffering. PERSONAL ESSAY

2. The railway passenger is freer to move about than in any other form of mass transport, I feel safer in train than car. ARTICLE FOR NEWSPAPER

3.Another train thing

4. speech

5. Write a story inspired by this sentence............. IT WAS TO DO WITH AUSCHWITZ COMP

6. write travel article thing
    7. Personal experience of travel.

Maths ordinary p1 was piss easy, the one i had anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

wanna know what I hate dave? :) when ppl forget stuff... :D:D

wot topics came up on the business paper (h) ?

I cant exactly remember much of it as i had it last friday then i went drinking for a whole weekend tar eis an paipear. I didnt study for it but from what i remember it was piss easy, common sense tbh.

ABQ was about Queen crisps ltd, it was mostly a marketing orientated paper. Study marketing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭wiensta

i hear the biology paper is hard..
    but study OSMOSIS..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

I'll email a copy of my mocks papers to anyone who asks (just pm me). So far I've had English 1 H (not the trains one, but one about executions, etc), Geography H (Carlow town map one), Maths 1 O. Tomorrow is TD 1 H, and on Friday, Irish 1 H.

Brendan.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

for english paper 2:
    macbeth = 1. dark and violent imagery
    2. Despite the intervention of the supernatural, macbeth is the architect of his own downfall

Poetry = Yeats (dunno, didnt do it) + Heaney(themes that appeal to ypu)

Cultural context = themes and issues; pick 2 or more that appeal to you.

For HISTORY, if anyone wants to know...
    Sec A. q2 = asses the leadership of the hoome rule party 1870 - 1891,
    Sec B. = Fianna fail + achievements.,
    Sec. C = France, 1870 - 1914, and British social and political reform 1870 - 1914,
    sec D = common Causes of facism in 2 european countries, ww2and britian.
    So there we go. that was nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Sparkle

Same as Rob RE:english paper2. Not the train one.
    Poets were Yeats-"The poetry of Yeats offers the reader a deep insight into his attitude towards life and politics"-write response to statement

Donne- Write out a presentation to your calss/group in which you introduce the poetry of Donne-references+quotes.

Heaney- Why his poetry appeals to modern readers.

Platt-Write a personal response to the poetry of Platt.
    Irish (Ord)
    Essays on alcohol use in Ireland, the easy life of leaving school;My family.
    Scéal-Paul comes home drunk......
    Litir-Write to a friend about your birthday celebratiosn with your family.
    Comhrá-Parents get big phone bill and its your fault-write convo.
    dunno what the other one was.

Paper2
    a)Gafa-Eoin hitting the door-describe Brendan-what you liked/didn't like.
    Amuigh Liom Féin-something about-The boy and leprechauns-and describe daideo/maire ban.
    B)Chlann Lir/An laisir choille/fiosracht mna-love-freedom-noseyness-Gliceas-Cruatan-bullaíocht
    Or-Two similarities you liked in the 3 stories.
    poetry-Brid Og Ni Mhaille or Faoilean- b) Mac eile ag imeacht main thoughts or pick emotions-sadness-regreat-eadochas-lagmhisneach-geilleadh-aifeala.

Hope that helps.

Anyone know whats on the french/biology/business/geography-Higher?

oh i love Gafa so much, you can bullzhit on for pages about the impact of drugs on his family as a whole, great stuff.

here boyo's me mocks is starting on monday and i needs info on da following

economics, business, french, maths and accounting. all higher

whoever helps me with these gets a virtual beer. :)

Kay folks, I've no problem with people posting up what came up on papers, but I've had a couple of requests to enforce spoilers, so people don't know what's coming up, unless they want to (see my first post on this thread).

So, I'm enforcing spoilers :) Any new post openly displaying hints for papers will be deleted on sight, cos I'm not going editing people's posts :)
    A few posts have already been edited (by me) to conform.

If you don't like it, you can suck my balls. Thanks :)

so does this mean we can still write whats one the papers just
    hide it?

Originally posted by Sparkle
    so does this mean we can still write whats one the papers just
    hide it?
    Yup. Post away, just don't leave any hints visible :)

• Advertisement

Not that I doubt many of ye care, but I'm finished my Pre's!! And not a day too soon, had geography today, and it was a sound paper, nothing out of the ordinary came up.

Advertisement