Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who says China Miner was impossible ??

Options
  • 10-10-2000 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭

Yes, after nearly 15 years of wondering whether this game was actually possible to finish, my brother, lets call him Rick, fired up a commodore64 emulator with the assistance of myself and played his way thru 30 highly ****ing levels and was treated to this highly crap ending:
    chinaminer.jpg

This has to be even worse than the crap ending in Entombed.

[This message has been edited by TinCool (edited 10-10-2000).]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Excuse me but Entombed deffo had the worst ending ever.

'Congratulations you have completed Entombed' followed by a flashing screen that would make anyone have an epileptic fit and one of those classic 80's 'eeeeeoooeoeoeoeoeooeoeoeoeoeoe' noises that rises to a pitch that dogs can hear smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Yea but least Entombed had atmosphere and was a great game and the puzzles were excellent. China miner had pixel perfect jumping and you fell more than a mm you died. And all Ian Gary can do is "A Blooming Good Mega Zap". I suppose that he had made it so hard that he didn't think anyone would finish it in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

Oh Jesus. 1st game I got for my C64. I finished it eventually. I think it took me 2 days to clear the 1st screen.
    Memories, ho hum.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Progress.
    Kill all tenagers.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

god its good to be so old smile.gif
    have you seen all the profile son the quake pages. theyre all about 15.
    with the exception of mindphuck and gerry who are reall y old. oh and devore...
    actually i found myself thinking of archon the other day.
    anyone remember that. bit like chess e xcept you actually fought the fights and had the power squares.
    hell, it was actually really enjoyable.
    and then the stupid amiga came along with its fancy colours and sounds..bah..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

I remember my mate had Archon 4, man what a crap game, found it a bit disturbing actually from what I can remember. Wow, Electronic Arts started off making crappy games didn't they.

archon.jpg

Advertisement