Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did anyone go to the Music Centre last night???

Options
  • 16-01-2003 9:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭

Oh my God, it was unbelievably brilliant, Pier Nineteen were brilliant there are definately one band that is going places.
    Violent Sky played the best gig I have ever seen them play, I think that the big stage and the lights and the Music Centre Rig really suited them. There a band that are used to playing smaller venues like Voodoo and Da 2, but this was definately there night with regard to crowd pleasing.

Popstar were there usual catchy pop rock selves, And Skyjack what can you say about the band that really has it all, I was always a big fan of Skyjack but I have never seen them play as well as they did last night, they were on Fire.

I got the Night Sheet from the Box Office and 239 People turned up to the gig last night, definately not bad for a Wednesday night, I feel sorry for anyone who wasn't there.

Niall.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Sandi

What a night! Needed a night like that...had a lot of rockin in my system to let out. I'm surprised my neck isn't as sore as I thought it would be.
    Well done to all the bands who played...rocktastic! Skyjack played yet another amazing gig. Definately should be playing the Ambassador soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭rapture_queen

Good Night i agree that violent sky sounded good with a better sound system ie in the music centre.(not that u sounded bad before its just ive only ever seen u in the voodoo louge and the sound is not the best in there).

Never seen Skyjack before but was impressed!

Good nite!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

thanks to all who came down and supported us (Skyjack) last night, it was great to see so many out! there was good music and a good time was had by most, as i have been reading some negative feedback on other sites, (propogated i think, from one of the other bands on the bill) which leaves me a little disapponted. I wont (or dont) want to start a slanging match with those involved, as they are entitled to their opinion.

I'm just disapponted thats all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Neil_B

120_Minutes

I wouldn't worry about it man your in a good band so just keep on doing your thing cause no matter who ya are ya can't please everyone.www.sundogsband.com

New site on the way soon
    www.sundogs.irl.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 ci

skyjack, you guys are rockstars on the stage and gents off it... cheers for adding to an already rawktastic night... ci*sky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

thanks ci, sorry i didnt get to hear you guys, but from what i could hear, it was good, i'll try and get along to another gig of yours......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭dera

as one of those 239, may I add my general congratulations, I was well impressed with the bands .. Pier19 especially sounded just class; my first time seeing both Skyjack and Popstar, both fantastic bands ... hurray for music in dublin (and, em, galway, i guess ;) )

xd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 keith_m

..to Niall for letting us play last night..to be honest i thought we were really poor, we were very disappointed with our performance..coulda been a lot better, but thanks for the kind words anyway!!

keith...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 ci

well I thought yous rocked!! Only seen yiz twice but that was the better of the two gigs!! Cheers for bein cool!!;) our thank you list is at the gigsmart board (shameless plug) but... EVERYONE RAWKS!!

Advertisement