Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK now the 3rd Largest Software Market

Options
  • 16-01-2003 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭

http://www.elspa.com/about/pr/pr.asp?mode=view&t=1&id=359&ref=home

"According to ELSPA’s current Leisure Software Market Report, published by Screen Digest, the UK leisure software market is the third largest country market in the world, after USA and Japan. In the UK, consumers now spend more on leisure software than on renting videos or cinema visits."

Interesting... but surely that means that Europe as a whole is soon to be the biggest games market in the world?

Matt

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Still gonna get shafted by games conpaines :(

KdjaC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Originally posted by KdjaC
    Still gonna get shafted by games conpaines :(

KdjaC

Yep :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭theciscokid

I thought britain was always third....but in ratio per capita ireland is second in europe

in fact i regard gamers in britain to be the most hardcore...

japan and america don't import to the extreme they do.. which is obvious why they do it.

and they also get the local games etc.. that japan and sometimes america don't!

i talk to a few of them thru irc and hell sometimes the knowledge of the games market and games they posess amaze me. :eek:

Advertisement