Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cheap car insurance

Options
  • 16-01-2003 3:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

A friend of mine was sayin he was listening to gerry ryan a few weeks ago. and they were talking about car insurance. And someone rang in and said there is some german company that would cover you to drive in ireland, and it's only a fraction the cost that it costs here. and you don't need a german address. so anyone no the address of the site?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

It's bull - this was gone over in some detail on the MIJAG board a while back - have a look in there for the thread. Basically a company has to be registered and licensed in Ireland in order to provide cover as far as I remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

yeah i heard that iswell. He got quoted 20,000 on a 2 litre I think aged 19 or something, then he got insured for 1000 ?? not sure buts its along those lines.

I tried hard to get insured from abroad about 2 months ago. I did a thread here iswell, but was defeated. I'm now paying 4609 a year for 3rd party :mad:

Here's a link to the thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=68859

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Been there, tried that, paying €3,072 to quinn direct now. :(

Can't wait til nov. 25. 1 year NCB (hopefully!).

Advertisement