Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Via Networks DSL

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 HornedGod

The Via order form has the hardware that you can buy off them as a "ZP645 Modem" (EUR229 ex VAT). Anybody know what brand this is, or any sort of review of it? A goggle search doesn't turn up very much.

The order form also states the monthly Soho price as being EUR129 (ex VAT) which doesn't quite jive with the EUR99 already mentioned in this thread. I've fired off a query to them about this, so we'll see what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

ZyXEL is the brand.. dunno about reviews... it works for me anyway at the other end of a Smoothwall Firewall.. that's it really :)

.cg

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Damian

The modem Via supply is made by ZyXEL and is called the Prestige 640.

The full details on their site are here

It seem pretty good, I've read several reviews, all were favourable. Here's a review at CableModemInfo

THe first order form I got from them had no mention of SOHO. I mailed them and pointed out that it was missing from their order form and that the VAT calculations on their site doesn't add-up.

They replied with a new order form (doc file) with a revised SOHO price of $99. However the order form stated that prices were ex. VAT.

So I mailed them again and asked AGAIN what the correct price was and pointing out the error on their second attempt at sending me an order form.

On their third attempt, they managed to send me an order form showing the correct ex. VAT price of 81.82.

I have to say I'm not impressed with the effort it took to get a simple order form from them. Also a week after I pointed out that the VAT calculations on their site were wrong, the page still hadn't been corrected.

Interestingly, when I had a look just now, VIA ADSL the monthly pricing for both of their DSL products, which was there earlier today, has been removed....... very interesting......

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭dieselfreak

I have repeatedly phoned VIA Notworks requesting that they supply me with thier business ADSL product...

Handed over telephone number, Eircon account number and a mobile number for contacting me.

They simply will not return a call....

The first time I called the sales people were out having lunch, so I rang back at 2:45pm, and their still out of the office at lunch.

Has anyone managed to get ADSL services from these people ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

yup got their order form.....and it said 129 ex VAT.. needless to say i enquired about why two places state two differant prices for the same product and this was the response i got was the correct price was 129 ex VAT with no explanation why...

needless to say Ive ordered from Eircon...Hate giving them my money but Its a product I now hold off on any longer

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 HornedGod

The reply I got was that it's EUR 129 ex Vat as well.

ho hum

Advertisement