Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fowler Cancells Deal

• 16-01-2003 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭

Robbie pulled out of the deal with Man City this evening!! No one knows why - all robbie is sayin is that he wants to stay at leeds!!!

the chairman and keegan are shocked!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

hmmm

methinkg another club came in for him.

man Utd ???

kdjaC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Leeds need the money and Fowler seemed to want to move. Onbviously something is afoot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Sounds like a medical thing to me.
    The 27-year-old, who was given a rousing reception by City's fans when he appeared as a late substitute for Leeds in United's 2-1 defeat at Maine Road, agreed personal terms on a four-and-a-half-year deal on Tuesday and spent most of Wednesday undergoing stringent fitness tests.

Fowler, who had agreed in principle a deal worth a reported £35,000-a-week, only returned to the Leeds first team last month after a lengthy lay-off with a hip injury.

Even tho his agent claims it wasnt, it looks sus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,761 ✭✭✭Xterminator

One paper now cliaming Man city tried to put in a pay as you play clause at the last minute.

X

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭kamobe

Kevin Keegan is threatening to quit as manager of Manchester City after the Robbie Fowler transfer fell through. It's believed City tried to change the terms of the contract so that Leeds would only be granted a down payment of 2 million quid with more cash trickling down according to the number of appearances the injury stricken striker made. The clubs had agreed a 7 million pound fee while Fowler had sorted out his personal details and passed a medical. Fowler's now back in the Leeds squad for the West Brom game at Elland Road tomorrow.
    Keegan is right to go nuts if that's true.

Article temporarily here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

does anybody think that he'll go to man utd? he has been linked in the papers to them today!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

As a united fan I would like to see that. Great player!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Has been linked in a few of the less reputable papers that Liverpool are considering coming in for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

I wouldnt be inclined to believe that somehow. I'd like to see it happen thouugh. Oh yes I would

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 233 ✭✭Congoose

The deal is back on apparently. Robbie Fowler is absolutely, definitely, emphatically signing for Manchester City today. Maybe.
    http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,1563,884408,00.html

I still think it's a good move for him. Leeds might be able to keep Woodgate if this finally goes through.

• Advertisement
Advertisement