Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pearl Jam Vs. Guns N Roses

Options
  • 16-01-2003 8:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭

well? how do you think is better? as you can see by my sig i prefer PJ. GNR are the most over hyped band ever and Appetite is the most over rated cd in existance

also Axl Rose is an asshole!

whereas pearl jam are all cool guys and have had 4 amazing albums, 2 very good ones and one good one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

Jammy Pearl ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Troll :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I dunno, Pearl jams' very rough sounding debut is nothing compared to appetite. And for a band that have only released three "proper" albums, they have done well. I like Pearl Jam, but they just dont compare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

Appetite? Overrated? Like fuck it is! It's the best album in the world if you ask me! They're not hyped enough, and yes, Axl is a knob! But Goddamn it he puts on a good show when he turns up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭sinus

their is just no comparing the two...
    thats just crazy!!!

PEARL JAM rock my world!!!

riot act is by far one of the finest albums released in a long long time....so refreshing!!!
    eddie i want to have your babies!!!
    hee hee hee

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

in fairness now, i like pearl jam, but riot act really isn't the best...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

darkillion when will you learn......
    at least you jopined. after lunch!
    its guns n ****in roses man!!
    you go back to your mappy moe and your footballing ilk and comeback when you like guns n roses!

hey darky and welcome to boards

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

Toughie, but I'd go with Pearl Jam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

I don't get it, the're not even the same kinda bands. Ones a LA Rock band the others a grunge rock band. But if I had to choose it would be GnR, though I like Pearl Jam too, especially live. On the appetite album I love "Night Train". GnR do a great "Knockin on Heavens Door" live. Though I agree Axl Rose is a...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

I think this is a big troll... but anyway.
    Others here are completely right. They're two absolute different genres of music! It's a rediculous question...

I'm actually a big fan of both bands, for their two different sounds.

As for Axl being a príck... yes he is. As far as I'm concerned the whole band Pearl Jam are eejits... Eddie Vedder's almost at a level of irritation level close to Zach De La Rocha of RATM... he's a whingy bástard... but who gives a crap abuoot his personality.... it's supposed to be abuot music, not how much you like the person!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 CRONIC ARSE

wel u put this debate up on a vote and see who comes out on top.
    any money il bet the guns will come out on top. there not my fav band but they make far better music than pearl jam by far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Originally posted by Dr. Loon
    I think this is a big troll... but anyway.
    Others here are completely right. They're two absolute different genres of music! It's a rediculous question...

I'm

exactly

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭John2002

G N' f'n R for me anyways. Although I love PJ too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭Darkillion

i didnt say compare the two, i just asked who you think is better. you all have to have a favourite.

whats all this about troll? i dont understand what you all mean.

Superconor - after lunch?? que?

As for riot act, album of the year by far for me. then audioslave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭kingconor

Poor Darren, still living in your fantasy world!
    Appetite for Destruction is one of the most consistent albums ever!! Every song is a classic, Pearl Jam would never, ever, be able to produce an album of this quality!!
    Admittedly, Ten is an excellent album, indeed, probably the best grunge album ever, however, not a patch on Appetite!!!
    Axl is an ass!
    Slash is cool!
    Axl + Slash = Super Cool
    Guns N' Roses were incredible, they just blew the world away, they had hard rock classics such as Paradise City & Welcome to the Jungle, and massive Chart Hits like Sweet Child O' Mine & November Rain!!
    Darren i suggest you take into account the songwriting on the Use Your Illusion Albums, songs like Civil War, amazing!!!
    GUNS N ROSES!!!!!

ah but you are forgetting that it is only consistent in that every song is as crap as the one before and after!

every pearl jam album is better than appetite

pearl jam had chart hits (alive, evenflow, jeremy) and classic rock tracks stream out of them (rvm, once, you are, i could go on forever!)

how can i think of the Use Your Illusion Albums when i dont have them?

Pearl Jam

Let me put it this way to you Darkillion ......

If you went out and asked a completely random bunch of people to name 5 -10 classic rock songs, I would lay money that at least one Gn'R song gets in there.

If you asked a selection of rock-minded people to put down 5 classic rock songs, I would again lay money that there is at least one Gn'R song in there.

As mentioned elsewhere, they are two completely different bands, but in terms of what was/has been achieved, PJ are nooooooowhere in the same league as Gn'R. Gn'R caught the rock world by the b*lls in the 1980s and early 1990s again and again.

I could name about 5 songs of theirs that would be DEFINITE contenders for rock anthems. I like Gn'R. I like PJ, but I know the difference between great and outstanding achievements in musical terms.

As for the "troll" bit ...... your last post just proved my point. You are presenting a total inflamatory and one-sided/utterly biased opinion.

no what that tell you? GNR are commercial

:rolleyes:

TROLL boy. There's no point in discussing this with you.

ah but it isnt one sided. i have appetite for destruction and whilst i havent heard whole other albums i have heard a stack of songs. basing this against all i have heard of pearl jam (a lot) i came to the obvious conclusion that Pearl Jamwere FAR superior to Guns N Roses

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

leave darren alone. yes i agree actually they are uncompareable. after lunch = we told you to sign up during lunchtime. then you joined. after lunch. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

But Darkillion, Im pretty sure you're just saying that because you're a fan of Pearl Jam and don't like GNR, rather than just judging them on what they have acheived.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 King of Arrakis

Guns N Roses are not overrated, appetite is one of the best albums ever, however, so is ten.
    I'm gonna go for GnR, but there's not much in it!!

im not really aking you to compoare though, just say who you prefer, which you can do.

it actually took me a few dyas to sign up conor, but i understand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Originally posted by Darkillion
    well? how do you think is better? as you can see by my sig i prefer PJ. GNR are the most over hyped band ever and Appetite is the most over rated cd in existance

also Axl Rose is an asshole!

whereas pearl jam are all cool guys and have had 4 amazing albums, 2 very good ones and one good one.

Hmmm, after several minutes deliberating it inside my brain I'd have to say that I prefer Guns'N'Roses over Troll Jam.

Out of interest, do you have a preference yourself ... or are you pretty much on the fence regarding this issue?

Well, darren, it appears that I was right!! Don't feel bad though, being second to Guns N Roses is very good!
    On a less condescending note, Pearl Jam would whoop Nirvana's ass anyday!!!
    I'm not sure if they're better than AiC though!

i knew pearl jam wouldnt have won, i was just trying to see how close it would actually be

closer than i thought

Yes.......that'll do.

pearl jam are better still in my eye

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

I noticed you stuck it in your signature. Does this mean you have a particular grudge against Guns N' Roses?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement