Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pearl Jam Vs. Guns N Roses

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Of course he does. He's gonna think that anything that isn't Grunge is terrible, as he has proved in other threads. I mean how can he judge a band on barely 20% of their material (thats if he even listened to all of appetite).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭xx

GNR, no question about it. I liked Pearl Jam during their 'Ten' period, but they disappeared up their collective arses after that. Don't get me wrong, Axl can act like a spanner a lot of the time, but at least GNR music is exciting, not like the current batch of yawn-inspiring dross that Pearl Jam are releasing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Originally posted by Giblet
    Of course he does. He's gonna think that anything that isn't Grunge is terrible, as he has proved in other threads. I mean how can he judge a band on barely 20% of their material (thats if he even listened to all of appetite).

Ahhh... sure I wouldn't worry about him. He has a lot of growing up to do, and when he does eventually mature a little bit, and cop on to the fact there's lots of different music out there. He'll realise the error of his ways....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 CRONIC ARSE

Originally posted by Darkillion
    i didnt say compare the two, i just asked who you think is better. you all have to have a favourite.

sure that is comparing the two bands. did u read kerrang a few weeks back when it showed the 100 greatest singles. i dont agree that guns should have got the top spot, led zep should have got it but every 1 loves guns and they are always gona come out on top. pearl jam are good,very good just dont have what guns had.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Well Led Zeppelin didn't TECHNICALLY release a single, so they shouldn't be there at all :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭Darkillion

not into other music eh? actually two of my other favourite banda re black sabbath and the beatles who appear not to be grunge. i also like a bit of nu metal and some punk. i dislike at least 3 quarters of 80's rock, thats it. does that mean i only like one kind of musc? no.

and alos that was my sig BEFORE i started the topic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

and alos that was my sig BEFORE i started the topic

Fair enough, but you didn't answer my question. Do you have a particular grudge against Guns N' Roses?

in a way, kinda, but not really. i just dont really like them. although im sure this will mean i will be labelled a 'troll' but i also dislike them strongly along with Metallica, Megadeth and other bands like that. Metallica have a few good songs though to be fair.

what set me of is that the two conors LOVE GNR and constantly say appetite is the best album ever so i decided to see what others thought

The two conors? Who are they?
    And have you actually sat down and listened to Appetite? Try and pay particular attention to the guitar playing! I garantee that it will please.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

i also like a bit of nu metal

Well, I'm afraid that says it all really. You sound like my 13 year old niece by the way.

Thought you might want to know that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭kingconor

Hello, i'm one of the conors!! The other one is superconor!!
    All hail GnR!!
    Darren, nu metal is horrible!! Poor musicians, poor singers, awful lyrics (whinging about their mothers)!! It's far too Americanised!!!

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

in a way, kinda, but not really. i just dont really like them. although im sure this will mean i will be labelled a 'troll' but i also dislike them strongly along with Metallica, Megadeth and other bands like that. Metallica have a few good songs though to be fair.
    Christ your talking shíte! Megadeth and Metallica are possible two of the greatest metal bands ever. They are definately up at the top anyway.

Originally posted by kingconor

All hail GnR!!

Amen! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

lock the thread, its gnr all the way.

Apetite for destruction is one of the best albums of all time and is flawless in the classic rock area.

Use your illusion | & || are also amazing but i do feel the spaghetti insodent was a bit of a let down... Lies is a great one too :D

GNR baby!

reD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ManWithThePlan

You can't compare GnR and Pearl Jam.
    But if i had to choose, it would be Pearl Jam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Mewzel

pearl jam without a doubt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Wheeler

What the **** are some of you people smoking.Guns n Roses RULE. Pearl Jam are ****e.
    SLash is one of the greatest guitar players ever.

thats the thing though, i thought it would have occured by now i dont like metal. no? obviously havent been playing attention. it would seem around here if you dont like cock-rock bands like GNR or Metallica then your opinion is void. thats probably since half of you all are tools

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

RIGHT ... I've held my tongue long enough and tried my best to follow the advice of my siggy, but this takes the biscuit.

Firstly, GnR are not "metal" as such.

Secondly, why the f*ck did you even start this thread if you weren't prepared to listen to other people's opinions Darkillion? :rolleyes:

And no ... it's not apparently obvious that you don't like "metal" since you did not say "I don't like metal". But hang on a sec ...... you said before that you like nu-metal, so you DO in fact like metal. :rolleyes:

Thirdly, can AngelWhore or someone lock this thread because it's turning into a total piece of troll-b*llocks-flaming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ManWithThePlan

...half of you all are tools

Speaking of Tools.. Tool are quite a good band. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Axe

Yo darkillion, wot go'an? You need to look at the achievements of each group. G'N'R have produced some of the best rock songs the world has ever seen, e.g. Sweet Child O' Mine (which i also class as one of the best intros). Lyrically, G'N'R are also stunning, just take Civil War for instance, which has some of the most memorable lyrics i can think of, e.g. "Cause all these dreams are swept aside, By bloody hands of the hypnotised, Who carry the cross of homocide...". Pearl Jam just can't compare, they don't compare, and they WON'T compare!

I too thought the Civil War lyrics were some of the best they had done but it was all spoiled when he decided to put in "Ain't that fresh?" into the chorus. :)

unless i am mistaken, u have NEVER HEARD PEARL JAM axe, so really your comments cannot be taken very seriuosly, kinda like mine it would seem :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Axe

u have NEVER HEARD PEARL JAM axe

Yes darkillion, you are very much mistaken, i have indeed heard pearl jam, jeremy to name but one, and to be honest, i wasn't terribly keen. Sorry to spoil your fun 'n' all, but there you are, sometimes people are just plain wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

To be honest, yes this is a bit of a bitch-fest.

Any purpose this thread had is gone down the pipes now...

*LOCKED*

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement