Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox 155 Reasons

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

X-Box dicked over HALO for all other platforms.

I will never buy X-Box for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

I feel the same way towards lotus for producing ccMail.......

You would muppet.

Now you see what a childish comment that is... smile.gif

"X-Box dicked over HALO for all other platforms.
    I will never buy X-Box for that."

Such a baby.

Hardly childish. People who were expecting to get HALO on the Mac/PC now have to go out and buy an X-BOX. Well screw that. They are or were planning on controlling the API market for OpenGL by using X-Box.

Don't know if they still plan too, but as long as thier is still a choice in the world I won't be buying it.

• Advertisement

Yes I agress the HALO situation sucks.... but how many games out there are only availible on console ? Like the Wipeout and tekken series for example. And it shouldn't be anti x-box, its M$ who purchased HALO that is the problem!

I'd rather a x-box than a psx2 anyday. But alas, me like wipeout and tekken so I'll have to buy a psx2 at some stage (when Wipeout Fusion is released)

[This message has been edited by bubbles (edited 15-10-2000).]

Bubbles who owns X-Box. M$ does. Who bought HALO? M$ did.

Big difference of a game only being on console and a game which was set for multiple OS release removed+delayed! to raise sales in X-BOX.

If you think this is a good idea, I know over 27,000 people who would disagree with you. smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Hobbes (edited 15-10-2000).]

I am well aware that the X-Box is M$, I know it sucks and its only there to boost sales of the cosole! But sh!t happens! Its the same story with hundreds of games. Moan all you want - it won't change anything :/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

who gives a **** about halo? every other console in the history of the world has been emulated - if you really want to play wipeout on PC you can, so what makes you think you won't be able to play halo on PC?

If you really hate microsoft download it as warez and support software piracy.

Blitz have you even being paying attention.

Halo was slated for a release this year on the PC and the MAC (soon actually). Now it won't ship until late 2001 because of the X-Box and probably even later then that for PC (2002, so as to not upset chrissy sales). Mac release is up in the air.

Halo is just the symptom. M$ want the x-box to be sucessful, and they will dick over PC users to do that. They already did this with another PC game (I forget the name, because all I was intrested in was HALO).

>If you really hate microsoft download it as warez and support software piracy.

What a moronic statement.

• Advertisement

It's a moronic statement because you trying to justify stealing.

So if I don't like my local shop I should just shoplift from them?

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Yeah why don't we take a legitimate expectation action against MS.

I'm not trying to justify stealing - I'm offering you a way to take advantage of Microsoft.

don't have a cow man smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Blitzkrieger (edited 17-10-2000).]

how many games "for ninteno only" are downloadable as warez?
    Originally posted by Hobbes:

What a moronic statement.

What a moronic statement biggrin.giftongue.gifbiggrin.gif

So is this a confirmation that MS have sucked another game from the PC people?

20001023l.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

ppl are in business to make money not to gain respect.
    if they earn lots by selling or licensing their product to MS fair ****s to them imo, they've gone and done something that caught the attention of the biggest software company in the world.
    and damnit i want a money hat.

granted, just you as a consumer now has to pay more money to play it. smile.gif

People don't give away money for free you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Live with it Hobbes. This industry is worth billions annually, naturally biz stuff happens that we might not like. XBox is good tech and will have good games - Halo and Munchs Oddysee included - that's a reason to buy an XBox. NOT buying a console because it has a game on it that you want to play is, er, ludicrous beyond belief.

Hey, not to worry, all us folks happily playing Halo on the XBox will be sure to give you regular updates on how good it is! smile.gif

tongue.gif

I'm buying a Cube. All my current games work fine on the cube using the PC emulator. All my Mac stuff will work fine too.

If the two main reasons to buy an X-Box are because the games are no longer coming out on PC because of X-Box I'm sorry it just tells me X-Box is crap and has to sell itself by raping others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Mik Hammy

If the two main reasons to buy an X-Box are because the games are no longer coming out on PC because of X-Box I'm sorry it just tells me X-Box is crap and has to sell itself by raping others.

That makes absolutely no sense.
    MS buy up games (if that is what they've done) that will make people buy their console.
    Just like any company (except Nintendo, who would charge a massive fee and scare 3rd parties away).

Perhaps you just hate MS, eh?

We've got to work together, C'mon!
    IP and GI

• Advertisement

The point isn't they are just buying up games. They are buying up games and ensuring they aren't released anytime soon on the orginal operating system they were designed for.

It's one thing to buy games for your console, but if the only thing that they have as a selling point is removing the games from an area I currently buy in then I don't see why I should bother helping them in doing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Mik Hammy

They are buying up games and ensuring they aren't released anytime soon on the orginal operating system they were designed for.

I'm afraid that's their perogative.

It's one thing to buy games for your console, but if the only thing that they have as a selling point is removing the games from an area I currently buy in then I don't see why I should bother helping them in doing it.

Then don't.
    But, if you want to play the games then get an Xbox.

We've got to work together, C'mon!
    IP and GI

Advertisement