Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need help opening programs

Options
  • 17-01-2003 12:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

I need help opening e-mail attachments. The attachments are in notepad (jokes usually). When I try to open them, they appear as a winamp file and won't open.

Here's the question, I know there's some way of changing this. I just can't remember how to do it. I need to go in and change the settings for eml files. Any suggestions??

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭Dawg

Not 100% on this but I think you need to upgrade your copy of Outlook Express to something higher than version 4. eml files can only be opened by outlook so I dont think changing your Windows settings will help much, but I could be wrong on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭GUI

ya Dawg you are very wrong ;-)

desperate lady ,what is the file extension on the files you are trying to open?

Methinks its nuthin new bein a bit off the mark, dunno bout bein very wrong tho, this might help a bit..

experts exchange

eml files are defo outlook files, file associations could have em as winamp but oe4 still has probs even if the file associations are correct..

meant to say, to change the file associations open win explorer and click tools->folder options->file types

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 musashidan

Easy solution,just right click on the file >>opens with>>notepad.

• Advertisement
Advertisement