Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OK Can someone stop the madness please!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

I hope that's a joke bid, or else it's someone with no sense - however notice if you will, dear reader, that the high bid is 14,999.00 and the point at which bids are legally enforcable is 15,000.00.

Take from that what you will smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Good point, missed that. However I did a further search and they are selling from 700-900 dollars. Some are even selling pre-orders! redface.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Nitro-G

One thing

j69@twd.net (4) $500.00 Oct-25-00 22:40:42 PDT
    j69@twd.net (4) $450.00 Oct-25-00 15:00:05 PDT
    j69@twd.net (4) $390.00 Oct-25-00 08:53:15 PDT

Why would someone bid three times in a row for the same item, when noone else has bidded for it?

Jamie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Mik Hammy

Originally posted by Nitro-G:

Why would someone bid three times in a row for the same item, when noone else has bidded for it?

He's selling the console and is driving the price up - or a mate is doing it for him.

Bumping the price is illegal to do. What more the likely happend is he bid first and hit someones autoraise so they bid again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Tis all a bit stupid , i was offered 900 squid for my 10000 series ps2, probably woulda sold it had it not been for the fact that the likihood of getting another one before hell freezes over is slim.

American release day doesn't seem to have been as frenzied as expected anyway , no mentions of it on the news either , that said, all the ps2's over there are sold now, literally!

Bugs there were queues a mile long at the two shops near work for the machines. They were camping out from 4pm the previous day.

Americans will queue for almost anything. Look at the Phantom Menace for example.

We've got to work together, C'mon!
    IP and GI

Like the Irish would never think of doing that? tongue.gif

Anyway three people in work got one. One of them was offered $500 just to sell her pre-order slip (that's a $10 deposit). I pity the poors who queued the night before. Only 12 PS2 were ordered to the store and the queue was massive.

Didn't see any queues for Phantom Menace actually.

BUT, I did see a queue for U2 tickets....

We've got to work together, C'mon!
    IP and GI

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Ah, but that's because U2 are good, whereas TPM was shìte smile.gif

Advertisement