Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chorus Knuckle-dragger due today

• 17-01-2003 11:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭

Completely out of the blue, a Chorus rep. called me yesterday to ask if my problem with pants picture quality had been resolved.

I informed her that, "no, after 2.5 months of unwatchable garbage, countless 'phone calls, lies and outright refusal to refund me any cash, the problem was still not resolved".

She promised one of their mobile apes would visit me today between 12 and 2.

I'm off sick 2day (dying with a wretched cold) so I can ask them a few questions if you like. Post them here and I'll report back the answers.

P.S. Being polite, I wont be asking the chap "Why are Chorus so s*it?" etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Annoy them about rolling out cable internet instead of arseing about with there TV pap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Originally posted by ozpass
    Completely out of the blue, a Chorus rep. called me yesterday to ask if my problem with pants picture quality had been resolved.

I informed her that, "no, after 2.5 months of unwatchable garbage, countless 'phone calls, lies and outright refusal to refund me any cash, the problem was still not resolved".

Make sure that you have a 'note' ready detailing the proiblemsa and that he signs off against any he sees himself.

eg Discovery Channel = artefacts .....he initialises the list at that point. Have it printed out.

Then cancel the direct debit out of your account and institute a standing order to Chorus for the % service you do get.

eg 50% watchable overall, give Chorus 50% of their cash in a standing order every month.

as they fix problems ......... :D....I know :D .....up the standing order monthly untill you have 100% service at 100% of the price.

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭ozpass

Raskolnikov:

You'll be delighted to know that we'll have cable internet by "this summer if not before" :rolleyes:

Muck:

He promised to 'sign off' my three problems after he'd been up on the roof to 'fix the aerial'. You'll never gues what.....he never came back. What a fecking huge surprise.

I was actually giggling like a little girl before writing this- I cannot believe that they are this bad! Just when you think they've plumbed the depths of incompetence they stun you with even more appalling service. I mean, why didn't he just sh*t in my bed and insult my mother while he was at it? :p :rolleyes: :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

I mean, why didn't he just sh*t in my bed and insult my mother while he was at it? :p :rolleyes: :mad:

I can do that for you right now if you want....

*ahem*

Yore Ma is............

;):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

quote:
    I mean, why didn't he just sh*t in my bed and insult my mother while he was at it?

Originally posted by DMC
    I can do that for you right now if you want....

*ahem*

Yore Ma is............

;):D

If only you could do the former over the 'net, now that would be impressive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭ozpass

If only you could do the former over the 'net, now that would be impressive

Well I for one would be less than impressed! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

You people are sick, sick, sick !!!

But funny !!!

He promised to 'sign off' my three problems after he'd been up on the roof to 'fix the aerial'. You'll never gues what.....he never came back. What a fecking huge surprise.

If he's still up there he''s probably gagging for a pint by now. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

It'd make a funny call to Chorus support:

"hi, I'm worried about one of your engineers"

"Oh?"

"Yesh, he went up on my roof the other day and said he'd sort out a few problems for me when he came down. That was three days ago and I think you'd better send someone round with a ladder - the poor chap must still be up there as he hasn't called into me yet"

<click>

I'd love to make a call to Chorus without getting all riled up (difficult enough but necessary if you don't want them to put the phone down) but insisting that the guy /must/ still be up there despite whatever they say on the phone.

...and its dark so make sure ye bring a torch :eek:

.....and try not to damage anything with the blowtorch while ye're thawing him out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Raskolnikov:

You'll be delighted to know that we'll have cable internet by "this summer if not before" :rolleyes:

For ****s and giggles i'll give them a call tomorrow asking them to send the engineers around to install my cable internet. If they say no it's not in my area i'll pretend to be completely ignorant and annoy them :)

Read this space friends :cool:

Advertisement