Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Read and laugh

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Console gamers giving out about PC gamers is as cheeky as Playstation zealots having a grudge against Sega or Nintendo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Originally posted by bubbles:
    As for game-Ireland... its obvious some 12 year old kid who 5pE4Ks |33t h4X0r talk could pull a better site out of his ass if thats the sort of **** they post up.

lol, well said Bubbles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Nitro-G

Noel,

Going by the fact that you have informed a lot of people about TP Media and you, I beleive that they now could do the exact same to you again.

I just wanted to inform your readers about your attitude towards them, and I think that I was rightly able to do so, as they now know that you dont care for anything that you do.

As for the taking articles from Future etc., yes I will admit that I am mistaken and publically apologise for doing so, but this does not take away in the slightest from the fact that Irish people do not call autumn 'Fall', so this is a blatant error that you did take articles from an American/Canadian site.

My problem is purely with you in particular, because when I was helping you maintain your site when the other guy was doing the leaving cert, I put a lot of hassle into helping your site back then, which you have not informed people about, and that I helped redo the entire site, put posts up, reformat them all etc. And what did I get from it? You had promised me games in return and you sent them to me late every time, and also distributing review copies of games, which is against your contract with companies such as Virgin Interactive, Capcom, Sega, Eidos and more.

Now, I will be perfectly happy never to speak to you again if you drop this whole silly thing, the only reason which I started because I thought that it was so bad on your site (the original article), or else I would be very happy to root through all the newsposts that you sent me, and match them up with their posts from IGN and a couple of other sites, plus forward the copies of the games you sent me back to the companies that gave you them, and let you deal with their highly paid college graduates.

Deal?

Jamie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Mik Hammy

Originally posted by Sico:
    You prefer playing Perfect Dark at 20 frames per second on a flickery TV with a gritty amputee joystick?

Er, can you read?
    I said I don't like playing with a mouse, man. My personal opinion.

-I didn't mention PD.
    -MY TV is most certainly not flickerly, and indded, it's much more of a social fixture in the room for playing games on.
    -'Gritty amputee joystick', eh? That have been specifically designed for games playing for example.

We've got to work together, C'mon!
    IP and GI

It amuses me to see a lot of people here are arguing about an article they haven't even read.

Read it first before posting. Even better, read the entire series to see that the author attacks everything. That's what the columns for.

This thread raises some questions:

Why is it gamers are SO BLOODY SENSITIVE about their hobby?

What makes PC gamers feel superior to console gamers and vice versa?

Why does nobody see that PCs and consoles are different in many ways, not least of which is price.

IP and GI

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭noog

yea.... just what i was thinking...

Originally posted by Dead{o}Santa:
    I haven't found it a problem at all, I managed to get pretty immersed in Deus Ex.
    Don't worry, after a few months of PC gaming, you feel incomplete without a mouse and keyboard smile.gif

Nah, played on consoles and home computers all the time. Used a mouse since the Atari ST
    Just found I disliked them more and more, and liked console controllers.

Not to mention all the trouble of setting stuff up on PCs. I just don't have time to wrestle with the soundcard for hours any more.

It'll be interesting when console games become truly 'plug and play' smile.gif

IP and GI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Although I wouldn't fancy playing any current FPS with a joypad, ditto for RTS games.
    Having said that, a joypad pìsses all over mouse&keyboard for racing, beat-em-up and platform games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

True some games need a joypad, playing any beat 'em up on a keyboard is a joke.

But you can buy joypads for the PC, so the option is there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kegser

I enjoy a tug on the ol Mice myself while surfing the Inturnet.

My favourite site is trannisex.com.

I have a PlayStation.

I only use it for the vibrating control pads.

Keg(l33t h4><0r)s0r

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

i like a good tug myself at times...i did give you or tranniesex didn't i?

hehehe
    .logic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Noel Brady

Answers to queries above:

Stephen: I don't care what Jamie says about me, but its when he starts slagging off my staff, people he doesn't even know, when I get mad. I couldn't care less about what TP Media or other industry members think about me because journalism is just a hobby to me ie. its free games and a bit of cash. However, some of my staff do want to continue careers in journalism and this is why it is important that they are not badmouthed and get the chance they deserve in later years without a manufactured reputation hanging over their heads.

Jamie: All games sent to you were from TVG. I never sent you any games that were GI's. This is because I would of been breaking the contracts you mention. Consult Stephen Leyton if you want to verify this.

Regarding the newspieces, check them out with Future. Like I said we cannot copy articles and those American newspieces were from ww.dailyradar.com, the American branch of DR-UK. Therefore please stop with your conspiracy theories about us stealing articles.

Also, if you had problems with working for me back then you could easily have quit. The work was voluntary after all and I was not forcing you to do it. You did me a favour and I gave you some games in return. I apologised for their lateness but did I not explain that the delay was out of my hands?

All those who say they hate the site: That's fine by me. I don't force you to read it. It's there if you want to and if you don't, then I'm not pointing a gun to your head and threatening you to visit GI. Like all sites, there are plenty who like GI, and plenty who hate it.

Noel Brady www.game-ireland.com

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

I dunno... I kinda agree with Nitro, although, I do have more PC games then PS games... I always will be a PS'er! I've never met one single person who owns a Playstation and has good games for it and fits the discription of one of this so called creatures, 'The Nurds!' I hear so much about on #fortress.ie I left PS gaming a month or two ago because I've been stuck into CS, and UT, and AvP, and other such brilliant games. But lets face it, you can't beat the poping open of your original, Sony, 'hip' PlayStation, flip it on, and within a matter of seconds, BANG! Your playing! None of this 'Would you like to install this game in C:\Aahahha\youdon't\have\enough\space folder?' But then again, I bet all you 'l33t' peeps out there have like, 60gbs on there comp. frown.gif *strokes his 8gb computer* Anyway, point of the story is: Gaming is for Gaming, not for life. If some guy wants bloodlust with nifty graphics he might go play AvP, doesn't mean he's a nerd. If some guy prefars the playability of Metal Gear Solid on the PS, doesn't mean they're PC haters.

So to the point, let us all get along... AND EAT LED YOU HORIBLY MUTATED SONSAB*TCHES!

-BOS-Dark-Angel-[NsK]-
    ======================
    The Darkness is coming, welcome it, for it is mine.

P.S: Did you know Ireland demand more PlayStations' than anywere in the world? (Except Japan of course) 8+ in 10 people will have a PS here. 9 in 10 say the prefar the PS to the N64 (Including me, damn wussy Mario Freaks with no blood! *Screams*) We get the first batch of PS2s to be shifted into Europe, and we get them before America! EAT IT!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Originally posted by Mik Hammy:
    Not to mention all the trouble of setting stuff up on PCs. I just don't have time to wrestle with the soundcard for hours any more.
    Eh... That kind of thing went out the window with MSDOS a few years ago. Practically all modern PC games are written for windows, and are very simple and quick to set up.

- Munch
    gibskull2.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

You get free games for pretending to be a journalist ??

It's about a society in freefall....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Swinga

although from some of the idiot rednecks i have to deal with at work, you'd think that plugging a keyboard into a PS2 port was like putting a whole computer together from scratch...

must say, console games certainly seem to have a particular appeal for those blessed with short attention spans, and low IQs...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Children, children.

Can you two idiots please play nicely in the sandpit? This sort of petty bickering is ridiculous; it doesn't happen between big sites, and whereas I'm sure you both feel very grown up and important when you use adult words like "contract" and "solicitor" in public forums, the fact of the matter is that you both come across as a pair of whinging kids who need their Huggies changing.

This forum is for talking about games, not for mindless b1tching about sites that no f*cker reads anyway. If you don't have something on-topic to contribute, please don't let the door hit you in the a$$ on the way out.

ja,
    Rob

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement