Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Replacement Remote NTL digital

• 17-01-2003 1:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

Disaster! The remote for my NTL digital has stopped working - my flatmate was at fault.

How much will NTL charge for a remote, or is it possible to use a Universal remote? Tried to call, but I do not have 4 hours to spare while I wait on hold!!

thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭^CwAzY^

I'm 99% sure you can buy them in argos for roughly €30.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 antsm

Might be able to get you one. Mail me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Jessica

Ntl will charge you €25 for your new remote control, however if you send back in the faulty remote to them, they will not charge you.

ntl is the only place where you will get an ntl remote control. argos may have universal remote controls, but long term you are probably better of to get the real deal from ntl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

realy only 25 they told us 5o when they installed the damn thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭EL_Diablo

What the hell are ntl up to?? The technician told us a new remote would cost about €80 when he installed the box. I knew their customer service was bad but this is taking the fuking biscuit.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

I was told by the installer it would be €100 to get a new remote if anything happened to it. Well something did happen and we rang up for a new remote. They say we would have to send the faulty one back and if they found that we were at fault for the fault they would charge us €100 for the new one. Well, 5 weeks and 10 phone calls later we finally got the new remote but never bothered to send the other one back. They never bothered looking for it. This was back in September/October. We have since switched to Sky Digital and they haven't even bothered to pick up their Digibox. It's no wonder they in financial trouble. They're the most incompetant shower of useless tits I've ever had the misfortune to deal with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Tell em you are not paying for any remote control! Get in sky! tell em you are canceling youre ntf SUcscription and see how long it takes them to get you a new remote gratis!

Well thats what i plan to do when my NTL remote breaks its a stupid shape and keeps fallling i`ll blame them on it.

Advertisement