Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homeworld Cataclysm The New Battlecrusier 3000AD?

Options
  • 31-10-2000 1:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭

Well Sure most of you have heard about Cataclysm anyway.

I bought HW few days after it was release as was drawn into it straight away it was and still is an exactly game bringing out an almost new genre Fully 3d Space RTS.

then when I heard Cataclysm was to be release I was overjoyed at the thoughts of something suppose to be even better.

So I went in to game and bought a copy of Cataclysm only a few days ago. brought it home went through a flawless install. then I go to the start menu up to cataclysm click the icon to run it... the game seems tobe loading up egg timer appears ... still on windows screen though... eggtimer disappears HD and CD keep making noise indicating activity then the computer freezes up completely.

I am devastated by this so I decide first maybe it's a hardware conflict ... I know I'll check the HW boards to see if there is anything similar out there... to my suprise there is hundreds and thousands of posts about this apparently a high precentage of the people who bought this game are unable to run it... Sierra refuse to recall the issues and insist instead that we all wait for them to release a patch.
    Something this big should not have escaped hard ware test should it? it cruel I don't want to bring the game back as I want to play it but it could take sierra literally months to release a patch.

I post this merely to let people who found the same problem you are not alone out there.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Bring it back and get yer money back - whats the point of keeping it if it won't run.

Sierra dont deserve your cash if they released the game with such a glaring error in it - wait til they patch it then buy it if you still want to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Lord Khan

I'd kill everybody in the boards to get a copy :-) don't want to bring it back I have a nice fresh cd *ENHALES silicon scent* ahhhh

I'll have to stick with regular Homeworld until the patch is release...

thank god for the Babylon 5 patch :-)

Love those star furies especial when you put them with some Narn Crusiers too

Advertisement