Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Applying for a licence

Options
  • 17-01-2003 5:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭

Here's the situation I have a full category B licence and I want to apply for a provisional licence in another category (Bus) It states on the provisional application that I have to send in my current or last licence with the application. Now where does that leave me if I'm stopped by a Guard who demands my licence which I now must carry everytime I drive? Not driving is out of the question since my Job depends on it, What do I do?

Cheers
    Redshift

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I think, the little receipt is enough as proof.

Seeing as you must have a full licence in order to apply for a provisional in classes C or D, then it makes sense that if you are carrying a prov. D licence, then you are fully licenced to drive your car, so I assume there'll be no problems

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

Hi Seamus,
    Thanks for your reply I'm more concerned about the lack of any licence for the week or two it takes to process the application as I will have no documentation at all.

Cheers
    REd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

I think, the little receipt is enough as proof.

Normally, the reciept you're issued by the local authority is sufficient proof that you are in posession of a full licence.

You could ask the clerk dealing with you when you submit your application.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

The easiest solution is to go into your motor tax office and sort it out on the spot. It only takes about 10-15 minutes (including queing[sp?]) to sort out a new license, and you save yourself the cost of posting the forms as well :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

I always call into the office. You'll still have to wait for them to send you out the new licence tho (unless things have changed).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

Sounds odd - when I got my provisional in '97, I just went in to the motor tax office in Limerick with all the forms filled out and they sorted out my license on the spot. Maybe they've changed since then.....

Advertisement