Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anarchy Online

Options
  • 23-10-2000 2:11am
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Saturday the 18th I hope to have a sneak playable preview of Anarchy Online in conjunction with the Irish Animation in a Planet Cybercafe (I'd like to do it with Nethouse but since its in conjunction with the Festival that isnt possible)

There will be the usual lan action going on all day with some competitions too.

Sign up below to give an indication of numbers. Entry costs for the whole day will be in the £5-10 range depending on numbers.

I saw Anarchy Online at ECTS this year where is was the biggest thing at the show imho.
    Its quite exceptional...

Tom.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ThunderingMike

I'll just sit here in ****ing Kerry and imagine myself playing Anarchy Online.

Any idea if international animation/ classics will be shown? I might just be able to get inside the walls of the Pale for the 18th.

ani_marco.gif Get 'em Marco!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

whats anarchy online then?
    Wasnt Tribes 2 the biggest thing at ects? smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

AO is a massive Multiplayer Online Sci-Fi RPG.

It's currently to my knowledge is in closed BETA and you have to connect to thier servers to actually play the game.

For those of you not familar with the concept. It's an online game which doesn't stop when you log out. You build up your skills+items over a period of time. Also everyone character in the game has a person behind it.

For anyone who's played Ultima Online, Everquest or Asherons Call will get the idea.

You'll find more info on the RPG board.

It's release date is for Chrissy. It will be a pay to play game. Probably about $10 a month with the usual first month free.

... One last thing to add. smile.gif

AO + Shadowbane are considered the next two MMORPG big sellers of 2001.

[This message has been edited by Hobbes (edited 23-10-2000).]

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Yep there is a whole SECTION of classics!

Bagpuss
    The Clangers
    are amongst the ones I'm going to be lining up to see,
    and I'm hoping to get them to show loads of G-Force!!

Dev.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

so to play a game for a year it would cost 120 inc phone charges?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Yep, but thats pretty much standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

WHats the url to learn some more about anarchy online.
    I remember hearing about it ages ago ( in my mind thats 7/8 months ago) sounded interesting then......

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Holy thread necro batman!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

I was looking at this at was thinking WTF? new version of Anarchy Online? And then I saw hobbes explaining what a MMO was and I was once again thinking WTF? And thats when i saw the date :D

I second that "holy thread necro batman"

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

BigEejit wrote: »
    I was looking at this at was thinking WTF? new version of Anarchy Online? And then I saw hobbes explaining what a MMO was and I was once again thinking WTF? And thats when i saw the date :D

I second that "holy thread necro batman"

Check his past posts, he spent time digging up a load of Anarchy Online posts and spamming his guide in them.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Deleted and locked.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Podman

Spear wrote: »
    Check his past posts, he spent time digging up a load of Anarchy Online posts and spamming his guide in them.

Spam? that's just your opinion
    There are 4 threads about this cool game and not one decent guide.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

8+ years old. I just had a look at the screenies and it's looking like a faded rose.

Advertisement