Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best SW game(s)

• 17-01-2003 11:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

What in your opinion is the best Sw game ever? Mine would be Rouge Squadron/ Rouge Leader(N64/Gamecube), Shadows of The Empire(N64), Galactic Battlegrounds (PC) & TIEvs X wing(PC).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭StarScream

best star wars game ever is, without a doubt, tie fighter on the pc it had everything plus ya got to be the bad guy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭kingconor

What aout the coin-op "May the Force be with You"? I thought rogue squadron on the n64 was amazing, episode 1 racer was naff!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 King of Arrakis

Yeah, I think that Episode 1 racer was naff! Another bad game is the Episode 1 movie tie-in it really is terrible. The only fun there is in the game is hacking people with your light sabre on Tatooine!!

You mean that one for the playstation? Horrible! The best SW games were on Nintedo's or the PC!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Tie Fighter is a god among games. The Dark Forces series are no soggy biscuit and every now and again I install and play Star Wars: Supremacy, I still dunno why I know its a poor game but I play it anyway.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Has to be witout a doubt Jedi Knight II.

And I haven't even played the single player section of it yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

I found JK2 to be ok, but the original Dark Forces was by fa the best in the series when it came to story line, level design and playability. No lightsaber in that game, you had to work for your kills. I found JK2 got annoyingly easy once you had a lightsaber and 2nd tier+ force skills. Going to DF now after the recent games you probably aren't going to think much about it's graphics but for its time they were fantastics. It was the most atmospheric of the lot. The game designers have a great sscore at their disposal but the recent games have wasted it.

Come play JK2 multiplayer on Blueyonder - see how easy you find it then

Hey lads come on, we're all friends here! We're strange, but friends none the less!

Sorry I didn't mean for my comment to sound menacing in any way.

I just meant if you prefer a challenge in a game then come play there - that's where the best players in europe play the game and you're sure to find a challenge then. Maybe it will spark your interest.

• Advertisement

Yeah i'd def give it a go if i had it, sounds like fun, must get a copy!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Vladivar

Dark Forces and Jedi Knight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

jedi knight (pc GC PS2 X-BOX) and rouge leader(GC) :D

What's the name of that game, the new one, where you can choose to be on either side, rebel or imperial?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 King of Arrakis

I think you are talking about Star Wars Galaxies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 410 ✭✭Drazhar

Galaxies has potiential, if we had broadband and time to play it

Supremacy had lots of potential, but fell appart, that said i still play it regularly, there just is nothing like the sight of 25 SSD's attacking a couble of correllian corvettes!!

Xwing Alliance was good, pity LucasArts didnt make an editor available.

TIE Fighter bloody rulled, especially with the Defender of the Empire expansion pack. A conversion into XWA format would be sweet (anyone, please??)

Dark Forces kicked ass
    DFII:JK Kicked Ass

JK II, kind of kicked ass. Was a damn shame that they went with quake weapons, they sucked, especially the JKII version of the repeater, which was my favourite in DFII.

Personally my favourite starwars game has yet to be made. Command of a Star Destroyer, with options to join boarding missions or star fighter battles (SWEET!!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 stira64

i cant really comment on any of the newer games, as i sold my gc and xbox 6 months ago. i am a misty-eyed nostalgic old fool, and i think Dark forces 2, jedi knight was the best star wars "fighting" game, and x-wing versus tie fighter was the best simulation.
    the thought of those two titles still brings a tear to my eye.
    them was simpler times, thems was.

oh yeah i played Jedi Knight 2 and its just a shameless copy of the first game.

attack that attic with de stirrraaa!:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

tie fighter

or x-wing

/me gets out the old floppy disks with them on them...

<< Fio >>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

jedi knight 2 - no contest

jk3 should be sweet, 2 lightsabers:D

Advertisement