Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planetarion News

Options
  • 25-10-2000 9:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭

News just in (well last nite)

in the new round, due to start in a little over a week, there's not going to be any pirates/thiefs!!!!

what do ya think of that?

also
    boards.ie/IE alliance?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Nitro-G

Gah! Anything else they are getting rid of?

Jamie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

a well dosent matter . ye i think we should have a boards.ie alliance

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

nope thats it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

Thieves and pirates were far too good last round, not only a lot of people's (including me) "main strategy" but making up nearly all of a lot of fleets. Seems they couldn't balance them right so have decided to remove them. Spiders and tarantulas are being improved so that the spiders target war frigates, one of the better value ships, so there will be a use for them in moderation.

I am inflatible !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

serious??? Thats really sh!t - thieves and pirates are my main strategy. Of course that eliminates any desire to build emp ships either (spider, tarantula) if you can't capture ships youve disabled. You might as well just beat the crud out of them.

A

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

back to this allience anyone up for it ?

what type of world will we live in when there is no world ?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

yeah I'll be up for it

redface.gifj:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

elexes we already tried that....it didnt get very far tho....prolly because I leached most people into FA smile.gif

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

lol

redface.gifj:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Omega VI

yeh what was it called Geal Force anyway FA is 60th ranking allaiance with 126 planets but i am up for setting up a new irish alliance for PA.

Draffodx of Blue Amazon (72:9:14)

Omega VI
    out of desparition there is courage

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

The removal of thieves and pirates is merely part of an ongoing process of removals. After all, they've already removed gameplay, fun, any element of strategy, and most recently, they have removed any false impressions that people may have of the developers having a CLUE.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Lord Khan

Originally posted by Shinji:
    The removal of thieves and pirates is merely part of an ongoing process of removals. After all, they've already removed gameplay, fun, any element of strategy, and most recently, they have removed any false impressions that people may have of the developers having a CLUE.

all you have to do is read the PA boards to know that they are idiots ... nicely coded game but it's getting pointless with each round. next round (after the next reset) will probably have you just setting peace treaties and no war at all.

Wonder if they will replace those ships though? reduce the cost of roid inits maybe it would have cost me 275k to init my last metal roid. if roids weren't so high you'd would be so keen to go out attacking :-)

But one thing is sure nobody is going to have a clue about this round. maybe the creators are sick of losing so they are trying to re-write it so they might have a chance at winning?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement