Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Possible Virus

• 18-01-2003 1:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭

I tried loading up Norton Anti Virus to do an update, and every program related to it refuses to load, it give me a Nmain has caused an error in NMAIN.EXE error then a Norton Integrator Error telling me that the error was unknown, 0xC0000005? I looked around the quarentine folder, and found a windows cabinet file (or so it says) called 08EC0420. Anyone got any ideas what is going on? Virus? Software prob? Thanks for any and all help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭theciscokid

try uninstalling norton and re-installing

by the way is your norton still valid for an update ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

That does sound like suspiciously virus-like activity! Try downloading stinger ( here ) and seeing if it finds anything.

Zab.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭Dawg

Could be a virus disabling Norton from running correctly, but could also so be Norton screwing itself as it tends to do every now and then.

Try doing an online scan or d/l some free anti-virus software and getting it to run a full sys scan with all system restore disabled. If its a virus it should be picked up from either of the above.

Online scan by symantec
    but could be a while if u have a slow connection and large hard disks attached.

Advertisement