Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Girl Aloud'? Never heard of em!

Options
  • 18-01-2003 1:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭

This is really cool sensation I'm having right now ... and no I still have my pants on!

To explain, I used to be quite 'media hungry' (for want of a better term) but I made a new years resolution to wipe (what I would consider) 'junk food channels' such as UTV, SKY, TV3, MTV etc from my tv as well as banning their radio equivilant from hitting my ears at any time (where possible).

Then Within a day I start reading about this group called 'Girl Aloud' who apparently are doing very well for themselves in the pop charts but, due to my self imposed censorship, STILL haven't actually been heard by yours truely. As such I honestly say to you that I couldn't pick them off a mix tape for 20euros if you bet me!

THEN I come on here & read comments in AT LEAST six different threads by people mentioning how annoying this new 'Girl Aloud' lot are and it makes me smile to know that I made the right choice because I know I probably be as annoyed as most of you seem to be. Not my hassle anymore.

At the same time it makes me wonder why more people don't turn their backs on all this crap that's been force-fed to us by the media and as a result only ends up making us more pissed off than we were before.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Thank you for taking time out of your busy life to waste some of mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

You're welcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

watch them on TOTP unless you've banned BBC1 from you telly too. i would love to wipe away channels but Sky wont allow me :(

and yes, that singing group are awful

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Their music may be crap, but four of them are totally hot.
    So you're missing out on some nice eye candy, and there's always the mute button.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

actually they're not that attractive at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

wtf is "girl aloud"?

Are they the "underground song"? If so I quite like that song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭francie brady

Gilrs aloud are the best of a bad bunch, and as far as pop music goes there not that bad. Lets face it pop music has changed. It's all manufacted bands these days and i've yet to hear a good one. But Girls Aloud has managed to release a catchy first single. It has stayed at number one for four weeks, which is the longest in recent years that i can remember. Which proves that theres more then teeny boppers buying it. I love big band swing tunes from the 60s and 70s, the likes of Buddy Rich and the Duke. and the Girls Alouds song reminds me of these. Sound of the Undergound actually sounds a bit like The Beat goes on By Sonny Bono and Cher. And i have to say fair play to Louie Walsh for beating Pete Waterman to the top of the charts on the pop revival thingy. Pop music is a business these days and Walsh is a good business man, fair play to him. Doesn't mean i'll be contributing to his wealth.

Everyone has to start somewhere when it comes to listening to music, and the childern of today can do alot worst then Girls Aloud. So jump off the bandwagon and leave them be.

Plus they are fcukin rides the lot of them.

Advertisement