Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tcd Students Attention!

Options
  • 18-01-2003 2:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

Hey.
    This here is a string going out to all students of Trinity who live on the phantom board. or just like to visit.

Did you know that Trinity has a Rock Music society?
    Or rather had. The Dublin University Rock Nostalgia Society or DURNS for short. Sadly however, this potentially great (i say potentially... we'd have to start by getting rid of the word nostalgia in the title...) has grown somewhat inactive - to the point where this year there was no committee!

anyway, and getting to the point, i'm looking to revitalise the society and furnish its rooms out with instruments and amps and a hifi and a steadily growing collection of music. the society'd organise tickets for events of interest (gigs and the like... even organising groups for reading or leads and donnington and the like). it'd be a place where musicians could meet and jam and eventually form bands and rehearse. music lovers could just come, sit down and listen to whatever they liked. anyone else can just come along and bask in the brilliance of us members of the "rock soc".

what i'm asking of you trinity students that be here is whether or not you're interested in getting involved in such a society. and if you're really interested, would you like a place on the committee.

i'd appreciate any and all input - including that from those who may have experience of running such a society in other colleges/institutions.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭o sleep

I had heard of this society when I started in Trinity (which is a while back now) but the whole 'rock nostalgia' tag really really put me off. then, around third year, i heard the clubs they set up were really good alternative clubs, but i never got my ass around to checking them out. i'd be interested, but i'm in my final year, so i'm really busy this year, and next year i probably won't be here.

some ideas or helpful hints though: get rid of that nostalgia tag as soon as possible. also, perhaps the rock one as well. even without the nostalgia in your name, it still lends itself to thoughts of led zeppelin and other such bands (which might not be a bad thing in your opinion, but in mine it certainly is). then people will come to your clubs because god knows there's **** all else to do in trinity.

anyway, good luck. post here if you're planning any good alternative clubs anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭irokie

i wanna keep this thread alive cos i want ppl's opinions and shtuff.

there is no other point to this post.

i like pie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Doolap

Never knew there was any screed of a rock society in Trinity. You need to organise some live music on campus. It's really ****e that no bands local or otherwise ever play on campus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

The Warlords of Pez played in the buttery not to long ago. Mc Supernatural also played somewhere in Trinity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭tiggertigger

OOOOh trinity students...
    The Ruby Sessions are on in Doyle's on tuesday...
    Dave Geraghty
    Tadhg Cooke
    are playing.
    I think I'll be there too.
    Surprisingly
    T

• Advertisement
Advertisement