Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RA2

Options
  • 28-10-2000 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭

no not rocket arena smile.gif

Red Alert 2, of course. Just got it yesterday and I'm well impressed, the missions present a challenge while not being overly difficult like some of the other C&C series were (ie: here's one commando and a few grunts, go take down the entire enemy base), kind of like its predecessor.

Its way better than tiberian sun; westwood seem to have used the same graphics engine but without the units reducing to a pixelatted mess any time they clump together.

Its also great fun.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Im very impressed with it myself...and after a few lan games the allies aircraft carrier will make mince meat out of any base(although it may take awhile with just one)...just ask mills and jelv about thier unfortunate encounter with them(the aircraft from the carriers)over thier bases.

The mission design is great. the game has loads an loads of tiny touches thatjust make the game a good one smile.gif such as ingame fmv....

"Respect my Authoratai"

http://www.firstones.com
    www.spacebattles.com
    Net House Games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Forty quid - don't think so. Might get when it gets a bit cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

just ask mills and jelv about thier unfortunate encounter with them

Yes my entire base disappeared in a minute or two smile.gif And that was with just 8-10 of them smile.gif They're weak against subs though arent they So I suppose it all evens our.

I didn't like any of the first 3 C&C games at all but RA2 just seems to click nicely into place smile.gif

I am inflatible !

Not really, Mills all you have to do is get them to force fire on the area the sub is in

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

It really kicks the llama's ass

• Advertisement

Yeah I warezed it yesterday to get a bit of practice in before heading up north to buy it today smile.gif

I am inflatible !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

It rocks. Looks good, plays well, really nicely balanced. Plenty of little interface and gameplay touches that basically make it into the best game in the C&C series to date - certainly better than TS or RA.

Eat electric teslacoil death, yankee doodle capitalist scum dogs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Chubby

Errrm, quit asking OJ, this is not a warez trading board. Go find your own warez smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

OJ posted some disgusting filth about sodomising his cat which I was forced to delete. Bad OJ.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

so you will be compiling it all into "OJ's cat sodomising filth, an exploration" ?...in a bookstore near you.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

no I didn't shinji don't lie you just edited them then I edited them back and you couldn't take it tongue.gif

redface.gifj:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

Lol at Oj...

oh and back to the topic i have RA2 as well and its great biggrin.gif

UP DA DUBS!! :)

Anyway, getting back to RA2(after oj's supposed post wink.gif), after finishing the game i started to tweak with the rules file and made the Nuke seriously overpowered and available to the lower tech....

I can now finish the soviet level in under a minute and a half smile.gif

"Respect my Authoratai"

http://www.firstones.com
    www.spacebattles.com
    Net House Games

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

finsihed alreadys !
    well done and are there two cds like the sovits and allies ?

redface.gifj:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kegser

I am planning on purchasing the game today... hopefully it'll be good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Omega VI

yeh might get it myself but Shenmue on the DC is my first choice this xmas

Omega VI
    out of desparition there is courage

just finished the allied campaign.

the whole game seems a lot shorter than its previous incarnations, its more fun and a bit tongue in cheek.

"Gentlemen, this is a nuclear device" wink.gif
    I quite like the game's soundtrack, nice and rocky, good to march your armies accross the map to smile.gif

I am inflatible !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭JaneyMackers

Yeah i must say just finishing the allies and well it rocks.

• Advertisement

Damm it hectate,i was just gonna post that,tsk... biggrin.gif

ATTACK DOGS 0wn j00 all biggrin.gif

hehe apocs,terror drones and kirovs have to be my fav if i have enough cash biggrin.gif

http://www.somethingawful.com/askjeffk/11-07-2000/

reply's to jeff k's l33+ review of RA2 biggrin.gif

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Yup! smile.gif

I was at home in Mayo last week and I spend a lot of the time dueling my brother. He places so much faith in his rocketeers (which, are in fariness a pretty cool unit when used en-masse), but 40 flak troopers (I love those Cloning Vats), and lots of V3's later he was almost in tears as the last of my rockets landed on his Construction Yard.

So, he changes tactics and builds loads of GI's and get's them to "dig in". Luckily, I was playing as Iraq and I Desolated him (bad pun - sorry) smile.gif Dem Desolators are well good if they are supported by some serious anti-air and tank firepower. "It will be a cold Spring."

Also - must agree with Mills - the sound-track rox - I loved the last one too - it was a shame that only the expansions had cd playable music. Must see if I can get the music on MP3...

All the best,
    kharn_sig.gif

Advertisement