Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Buying a Panel air filter

Options
  • 18-01-2003 12:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭

Hi

Anyone know where I could pick up a panel air filter (K&N, PiperX, BMC) in the dublin area

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Give me the make/model and Ill see what I can do for you.
    Why a panel type.You should look for an Induction kit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Mayshine

Cheers mate, its a 02 focus 1.8 petrol. Looking for a drop in. Not interesting the induction kit because they sound too noisy and will temper the performance over what I am planning to do.

Problem with the focus bay is that it will get hot and the induction kit will draw in hot air unless it is heat shealded which only the expensive ones (PiperX viper etc) are. I'm not willing to pay over EUR300 at any rate.

I've order a large bore snorkel and pipe from the ST170 and will replace the OEM one with this. This will double the air flow into the airbox and also by changing the snorkel slightly to draw air from behind the front grill and not above it, I should get some cooler air in too.

The has been talked about over at www.ffoc.co.uk

Oh did I say I didn't want that crappy inducation noise

Dave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Ba$tard

Im also looking for a K&N panel filter for my '98 Civic VTi.

I believe some crowd in the midlands are the Irish distributor for them but forgot their name :( bah!

J.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Ba$tard

Got it...Westwood Engineering in Meath.

I spoke with a Martin, very helpful and good pricing.

James.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 jf_cole

Yea martin is good for K&N alright.

our website www.jspeed.net , is having a rolling road day down there soon, should have around 25 cars going on the rollers.

He's a top bloke to deal with and will prob love hondas now!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Mayshine

Does anybody have a phone number for this crowd, or and address, cannot find them in the golden pages

Dave

Advertisement