Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bright eyes

Options
  • 18-01-2003 12:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭

anyone hear anything about this band/person?? i got their/his latest album, and while it's good (in parts) i can't quite get the feeling he's taking the piss ... especially in the first song, with all that emotive screaming at the end ... but then some of the other songs he seems painfully serious. any help here? are any of their other albums any good??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Cherry

I've heard he's pretty damn good. Some magazine I read likened him to Jeff Buckley having an orgasm on Ketamin. Which must be a good thing..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Ive got lifted the newer one(6th I think) which is probably the one youre talking about and fevers and mirrors(5th). Both are brilliant but the weird opening song seams to be a trademark of his the one one fevers and mirrors is even weirder than the one on lifted. Fevers and mirrors is probably a more cohesive album but I prefer Lifted as I think there is some amazing songs on it. both are definatly worh getting and i feel like kicking myself for missing him in whelans earlier in the year as i hadent heard of him then and ive hear since he is amazing live.

Advertisement