Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Java Web Services problem

Options
  • 18-01-2003 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm doing Web Services with Java (AXIS) and have been having a big of a problem.

I'm trying to run a test service which runs via a simple server (AxisSimpleServer) or Tomcat. Now I can start the AxisSimpleServer grand but when I go to query it using a file called HelloWorldClient.java it crashes giving the following error:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/servlet/ServletContext at
    java.lang.class.getDeclaredMethods0(Native Method) etc etc

I've configured a setclasspath.bat file which includes all the jars for Axis and have placed the xerces.jar and xercesImpl.jar files in the classpath via environment variables. I've been trying to solve it for ages and have had no luck. Any ideas would be grateful received.

Cheers,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

Is servlet.jar in your classpath?

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭anthonymcg

Its in the Tomcat directory but I'm not sure if that woulda made it available. I've downloaded a fresh copy from Sun so I'll give it a go and get back to ya. Thanks.

Advertisement